How did this capitulated vassal break free?

FastWorker

Warlord
I was playing a game where the goal was to get every country to become my vassal. Three of the five other countries were under my protection while I, er, we (heh heh) were fighting the last two countries that had formed an alliance. Then, my culture overtakes Brennus and his one tiny city goes into revolt. At that moment, he declares his capitulation over. But he most certainly didn't earn it! He had reduced to 0% of land. How come he was able to break free?

When a vassal loses half of the land they began the vassalage with they break free. I think this is to stop you having to protect doomed vassals.

One condition that ends the agreement is if the AI ends up with <50% of the land they had when they became a vassal. This is meant to represent the idea that you are not protecting them sufficiently so they have no reason to remain a vassal.

Truronian said:
When a vassal loses half of the land they began the vassalage with they break free. I think this is to stop you having to protect doomed vassals.

Oh, I misunderstood. I thought they could break free if they had 50% culture left. But I also thought it needed to be met in combination with the other 2 necessary conditions. So they can break free by meeting only one condition.

Top Bottom