Bug reports

The grid crash is still happening for me in 1.3. I've unpacked the PAK and everything looks OK. I've literally never seen grids work in Dune Wars so I'm starting to think it's just me...

wierd - i tested it...

you didnt see the folder terture on the fpk?

its possible i uploaded a version wiothout this fix - cause i zipped it once without and then i remmbered i have to add it so i re zipped it...
so its possible i i uploaded the wrong version?

Well, everything looks ok when I unpack it. There is only the terrain/textures folder and no terrain/texture folder.

:blush: Forget I said anything, it was me that broke it by changing something...

Hi everyboy,

First excuse me if I do mistakes in english, it's not my native language. Now here is my problem :
I downloaded your dune wars mod, and unzipped it in the Mods directory, and then I loaded it from the game, and it seems to work. But after that, when I start a game (through "custom game"), eveything is normal except I can't see the menus :

I have the latest patch for BtS and for your mod. Do you have any clue ?

Thanks

Is it possible that the instructions in this thread will resolve your issue?

Are you able to download and run other mods from civfanatics?

Please confirm that you are using BTS 3.19 and Dune Wars 1.3. (If you are using one of the local patch versions of DW, please tell the exact version number from the filename of the zip you downloaded.)

Thank you for your quick answer, this bug is so frustrating...

I already had a look to the thread, and I even installed patch 1.3.8 (dune-wars-patch-1-3-8b.zip), but it doesn't change anything...
And I confirm that I have version 3.1.9.0 of BtS and the 1.3 of DW (dune wars.1.3.exe)

That's the firts mod I download, so I don't know if the others work (I gonna try right now)

I searched "missing interface" using google, and found this thread. Do you have any files in customassets?

Also, you may want to turn on python logging as described in the early part of this thread. Other people have used 1.3 and 1.3.9b successfully, so it is unlikely that you are getting this type of error.

My customassets folder is empty. I tried to erased it completely, but it doesn't change anything... I have turned on the python logs, and I found the error in PythonErr.log (last line) :

OverflowError: ü arg not in range(0x10000) (narrow Python build)
ERR: Python function preGameStart failed, module CvAppInterface

But I don't know what it means...
Do you want me to post all the logs in a zip file ?

Arafel,
hi,

interesting name - it means fog/mist in hebrew :)

welcome to dune wars,

are you using another language then English in the game?
vista user?
plz write what are the exact mod components you turned on,

basically the version works very well, we will find your bug, just tell us more details as i asked.

I don't know what it means either. Maybe somebody will recognize something in the logfiles. I guess you might not be running the interface in English language; is that true? That may be different from what other people are doing. Is it possible for you to reset the game to English and try? Also it will be helpful to confirm if some other downloaded mod is working for you.

Actually, Arafel is from Dune's Universe too ^^.

For the English issue, I reinstalled all the game once because I couldn't even read the start menu... So everything is in English now. I use XP, and I took all the components by default. I don't know if it's important, but I have to mention that my game is installed on a different hard drive than my folder \my documents and settings\etc. And I'll try the Mars now ! mod right now.

EDIT : the "Mars, now !" mod works perfectly fine.

the dune books have various elements from Arab and hebrew,

the kwizat ( jump) haderach ( the way) , actually means - "the new thing" or - the new leap.

that was another fun fact from your friendly modder, keldath :)

anyway - the mod needs to be in your bts installation folder - under mods - as dune wars.

and game lang -engligh only.

well mars now is a great mod pack, hope youll give dune a chance later on, have fun.

EDIT : the "Mars, now !" mod works perfectly fine.

And now if you install the Dune Wars mod the same way, does it work? I cannot see why one mod would work, and another installed the same way would fail. If it still fails please do zip your logs and upload.

I don't understand, do I have to put the mod in the My Documents folder, or in the folder civ 4 is installed ?
Anyway, I tried both, but it doesn't work :(. I guess I'll try a different mod...

EDIT : I didn't see your answer. So, I don't install it the same way, since mars has an installer and not Dune Wars...

I don't understand, do I have to put the mod in the My Documents folder, or in the folder civ 4 is installed ?
Anyway, I tried both, but it doesn't work :(. I guess I'll try a different mod...

EDIT : I didn't see your answer. So, I don't install it the same way, since mars has an installer and not Dune Wars...

You should unzip the file so that you have a new directory, "<your install directory>/Beyond The Sword/Mods/dune wars". If you look in that place, you will see that you now have a directory "<your install directory>/Beyond The Sword/Mods/Mars Now", or something close to that. Please confirm that the directories for Dune Wars look the same.

However, I have also looked into your log files, and it does not seem that the location of the install directory is the problem. The key logfile is PythonErr.log. It shows the following error:
Code:
  File "BugConfig", line 568, in end_init
  File "BugConfig", line 223, in createInit
  [...]
  File "FontUtil", line 62, in addSymbol
  File "FontUtil", line 86, in registerSymbol
OverflowError: &#8221; arg not in range(0x10000) (narrow Python build)

This means that one of the components inside Dune Wars called BUG is not working correctly. This is sad, because we have included many components inside Dune Wars which are not actually critical to the gameplay of Dune Wars. I have asked over on the BUG forum if they understand why this is happening. Please follow this thread to see if there is any answer.

I found someone who had the same problem here for another mod. Appparently the problem was in the CvPath.py file, I don't know if it helps.

And the location seems to be good.

Top Bottom