40 Civilizations: Choose Your Own Adventure

Status
Not open for further replies.
How the hell is going to a flowery hill violent?
Didn't see that one coming, did you?:D
They are attacked on the flowery hill by barbarians. Niko then swears to learn how to fight better so the incident does not happen again.

It was originally called *INSERT NORMAL WORD* Hill but I changed it just to see if you would have figured that out :D

NEWS UPDATE!

I finally figured out what caused the crash back in my Pericles game! It was because I was throwing in random new civ's!

Why am I bringing this up now? The game...crashed again. I've restarted so check back at my first NEWS UPDATE for the new starting position. Also: you may see 4 new civilizations, Iraq, Yemen, Vietnam, and South Africa. Everything else is the same, including the leaders that I had pre-set at the beginning.

I will refrain from putting in new things until the story is over. I apologize again for this.

NEWS UPDATE!

No surprise here, I explore and meet alot of civ's. Here's some of the highlights:

I was hoping that none of the 5 remaining Civ's from my old story come back. I was lucky that Deganawida has been replaced but...not so lucky for Assyria
Spoiler :

They even say the same things :p

Brazil fans, worry not! Brazil is back and with a new leader!
Spoiler :

And last (but not least) we have someone who is annoyed with me the moment I met him
Spoiler :

Now that we have our leaders out of the way...

Here's a shot of Diamant. Since this is a more story based...well...story, I'll be using this picture. Notice the Stonehenge to the North and the beach to the west (not much of a beach, I know). I haven't picked Niko's house yet. Some story part's are easier to understand when using this picture for reference. That long house in the center will be the meeting area.
Spoiler :

A map of the explored area. Iran will probably be wrapped in our culture because of the Stonehenge.
Spoiler :

And here we have a rough outline of the city, and a free archer! That helped me complete the Stonehenge without worry! City location is really good! Theres some corn down the bottom right, beside it are some gems. Above the city, we have Ivory, Rice, and Lead.
BTW, flower hill is 2E of the gems
Spoiler :

And I end with a spoiler pic for the next update!
Spoiler :

Ugh...not today...any day but today. Why does Iris annoy me on the worst of days? I need to think of something...uhh...yes! I got it!

NIKO: Hey Iris!
IRIS: Yeah?
NIKO: Did you know that there’s a meeting over at the meeting place?
IRIS: Today? But I really wanted to go to...
NIKO: It’s going to be really fun!
IRIS: You sure?

How long can I keep this up with a straight face?

NIKO: Of course I’m sure!
IRIS: Hmm...ok then

YES!

NIKO: Tell you what, how about I meet you there?
IRIS: Why can’t we go now?
NIKO: What?
IRIS: Boudica won’t mind! Come on!

Oh shoot...this cannot be happening

Iris grabbed Niko’s arm and began to tug slightly in the direction of the meeting hall.

It’s going to be one of those days, isn’t it?

NIKO: Fine. Let’s go.
IRIS: Yay!

Grudgingly, Niko let Iris pull him all the way to the meeting hall. Niko looked behind him and watched the beach fade into the distance. Soon, they had arrived at the meeting hall; a long building made out of wood. Iris opened the front door and walked in with Niko behind her. There was no furniture inside the meeting hall, just a small candle on top of a table at the center of the single room. To one side, there was a single door and a faint light was coming out from underneath the door. Iris ran over to the door and knocked loudly.

IRIS: Hellooooooooo?

An immortal man opened the door. He seemed extremely pleased when Niko and Iris walked in. There were 2 other immortals inside sitting around a table, with Boudica at one side.

BOUDICA: You have the worst timing
MAN: But this is perfect!

The 3 immortals began to discuss frantically. Boudica kept shaking her head, although the immortals were far too deep into their conversation to notice her. Finally, they stopped talking and Boudica stood up.

BOUDICA: We’ve been discussing something very important
NIKO: I’ve noticed

One of the immortal’s stood up. This one was a woman.

WOMAN: We want you to become a scout to explore the area!
IRIS: A scout?

Oh no! It’s really going to be one of those days!

NIKO: No way!
BOUDICA: See? I told you they won’t do it! It’s too dangerous!
WOMAN: But they must become scouts!
BOUDICA: Why can’t we just wait another 45 minutes for the meeting!
MAN: We don’t have 45 minutes! The world begs to be explored this minute!
IRIS: It’s...dangerous?
BOUDICA: Very!
MAN: Not at all!

The final immortal stood up. Niko knew who this man was; he used to be very old. When the man stood up, he still leaned on the table and walked slowly towards them despite the fact that he looked like a completely normal 20 year old man.

OLD MAN: How about this: if one of them agrees to become a scout, then we will make both of them scouts
MAN: Fine...
WOMAN: Sure...

Terrific! We can both disagree and I’ll be back on the bea...

IRIS: I agree!
BOUDICA: You do?
IRIS: Yeah! It sounds exciting!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH!

MAN: Your task, is to search the world for a civilization called Egypt
IRIS: Egypt?
WOMAN: Their leader is supposed to be a goddess in intelligence
OLD MAN: You must map this world until you find Egypt
IRIS: That sounds fun! Niko? Niko?

Niko was there, of course. He was just mumbling angrily to himself.

10 minutes later

Niko and Iris were now a full Kilometre away from Diamant. Iris was happily singing a song to herself while Niko grumbled beside her.

I might as well do a good job of this so I won’t have to do this ever again

Niko and Iris walked through many forests while mapping the world for their country. They met new Civilizations and found new places and Niko had to admit, after a while, that it was actually pretty fun. After a while, Niko and Iris were resting in a camp they had made in the middle of the woods. Iris was busy looking at the map while Niko walked around a little. Eventually, he came across a small cabin.

NIKO: Iris!

Iris dropped the map and ran up to him

IRIS: Did you find something?
NIKO: There’s a creepy, abandoned hut over there!

Iris suddenly went wide eyed and inched closer to Niko

IRIS: What if there are...ghosts in there!
NIKO: There is no such thing as ghosts

Iris inched back a little

IRIS: Maybe we should...camp somewhere else?
NIKO: If we’re lucky...maybe we can see some ghosts! You wanna look inside?
IRIS: No!
NIKO: Alright. I’m gonna go check the fire

Niko began to walk to the fire when he suddenly stopped

NIKO: Iris? Where’s the map?
IRIS: Uhh...I set it down over there

Iris pointed to a spot on the ground. A spot on the ground that was empty

IRIS: Oops...
NIKO: IRIS!!!
IRIS: Maybe it just...blew somewhere?

Niko then noticed something that was burning in the fire. Both of them ran towards the fire to see the...

IRIS: The map!
NIKO: Aaarrraaaagh!
IRIS: Calm down...I’m sure we can...think of something?
NIKO: Well! All we need to do is find this “Goddess” of Egypt and then we can ask her for a way home!
IRIS: Good idea!
NIKO: Sarcasm alert! Hello?
IRIS: Try climbing that tree! Maybe you can see Egypt from there!

That tree does look tall...I should think this out logically. Civilizations are normally found near rivers. Maybe I should follow that river. Or I should force Iris into that house and lock her in there for the night. Ah...that would be nice

What would be the best way to find Egypt?

1. Climb the tree to see where they were
2. Follow the river
3. Explore the creepy old house
4. Ask Iris

VOTING IS NOW OPEN!

(Think this one through. It will affect a huge plot point when we reach the Medival era)

I vote number 2. A tree will only show you so far, and a creepy old house will achieve nothing. Iris seems like to much of an idiot to be worth asking so following the river is the most logical choice.

Climb the tree! Climb the tree!

You're not going to let a goody hut there are you? I vote for 3, explore the house (even though it makes no sense at all :D)

doing 1, 3 and 4 doesn't stop them from doing 2 in the end... I say 1, it's the one that's totally unlogical. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom