Zoom Out/In

Strider

In Retrospect
I would love to see a Zoom Out/In feature in Civ4. It would make taking screenshots somewhat easier, and will add a nice dynamic to the game.

What do you guys think?

There is currently a zoom feature in Civ3, but it is only of limited usefulness. Since they are switching to 3D dynamic zoom is practically free.

warpstorm said:
There is currently a zoom feature in Civ3, but it is only of limited usefulness. Since they are switching to 3D dynamic zoom is practically free.

Yeah, I'm hoping for the zoom be to be where you can show something in relevence to everything else on that map.

i would like it to be kind of like rise of nations.It dosen't have to be 3d but maybe you could zoom in on battles or something and take cool screenshots

douche_bag said:
i would like it to be kind of like rise of nations.It dosen't have to be 3d but maybe you could zoom in on battles or something and take cool screenshots
Well, maybe not quite the switch to an RTS battle mode that people want, but some fancier battle animations wouldn't go astray. Something like our own homegrown Multi-figure units, which take little effort to make, but have an excellent effect on the appearance of the game. A zoom function would be versatile enough to catch that, if you really wanted to see it.

It has the cool factor of watching mini-battles, but without the time-and-game-killing function of commanding those mini-battles. People can simply zoom out and gloss over them. Because honestly, who is going to watch every cavalry and artillery battle in one of those industrial seiges that has 100+ units?

There's also the interesting perspectives that could be made with a dynamic camera. Imagine looking from your capital city, seeing 100 tanks roll towards you?

Top Bottom