Alex in my game four times in a row. Must. Kill.

northernscribe

Chieftain
Just need to vent a little here. I am so SICK of Alex's city spamming, city state buying ass...A few games ago, I played Babylon, emperor, standard continents. Alex spammed on the other continent. I played mostly peaceful but I had to take a city state to prevent Alex from getting a diplo win before I launched my spaceship.
Next game. Inca, large map, emperor, continents. Alex is on the other continent again, spamming cities every where. mid game hes spamming cities on the tundra coast near me. I take out his capitol and a few cities, he just spams more, and has every city state allied. Again, have to kill a city state to prevent a diplo win, then I win by domination. At this point I've had quite enough of the horse-riding douche.
Next game. Inca, immortal, small, pangea. Guess who's about 20 tiles south of me? I play nice this time and save him till last. Got a ton of dough from peace deals, so I ally a couple city states that are between him and I and declare war. I'm thankfully ahead in tech. Have arties and Bombers and he's just starting to get great war bombers. I take him out with nukes this time. In any event, by now I'm so sick of him I'm tempted to look up a setting or a mod that prevents him from spamming.
No, I say, what are the odds I'll draw the boy king four times in a row? What are the odds that for four games straight, I leave the patronage tree alone because there's no hope of having any CS allies. What are the odds that, save for the first one, I'll have no say in the WC? My warrior just stumbled onto his greatness, once again. This time he's tucked between a mountain range and the ocean, so I won't be able to eliminate him until at LEAST after I get frigates, but probably later...

Let me just say that I am SICK OF ALEXANDER. Seriously thought of rerolling but I really like my starting spot.

Is there ANY one else that when you meet them for the first time your heart just sinks? I think the zulu comes close, but with them you just have to build a few more units to ensure you take them out. Egypt is irritating too, taking all the wonders. But since I play on immortal now i don't try to hard build wonders anymore either.
I'll pose the question again so that my previous one doesn't appear rhetorical: Who, if anyone, do you dislike more than Alex?

There are few leaders I hate more then Alex, but the number one for me is Kamehameha. That guy. I hate him. Spams cities on the most idiotic of places just because he can sail away to god knows where. Has the most annoying voice of them all. And will always, ALWAYS hate my guts in the end. I can't stand him.

There are few leaders I hate more then Alex, but the number one for me is Kamehameha. That guy. I hate him. Spams cities on the most idiotic of places just because he can sail away to god knows where. Has the most annoying voice of them all. And will always, ALWAYS hate my guts in the end. I can't stand him.

my issue with this scumbag is that he is a filthy traitor. One moment he would befriend u, the next moment he would backstab and denounce. Not to mention his cultural output is usually the biggest in my games. Pissed me off.

Solution? I reduced his cities to ashes.

As for Mr Alexander, if i spawn next to him, i make sure to develop my military and invade if he took my lands.

For me it's Gandhi. Hate playing against him he's too unpredictable. All that said I love to play as him. No-one can touch you if you befriend the majority.

However I had Alexander once on East vs West and he went tall however the city-state ally spam still went on. :mad:

Ramkhamhaeng is annoying. Yesterday, I was playing with Rome. I invaded Lisbon, a City-State no one was protecting. HE WAS STILL PISSED! 10 turns after that, he DoW'd me. Nothing bad, but he bribed all the other civs as well! Carthage and Germany DoW'd me next turn, and 2 turns later Egypt attacked me as well!

He's annoying and he backstabs a lot

I don't hate Gandhi, but he does scare me from time to time. The same game as the one with Siam, and Gandhi's on the other continent. We're friendly(he's the only one, the fact that I destroyed the Inca's and Carthage didn't go well), and he comes up to me talking about we both getting Autocracy. At that point, all I thought was: wow that was unexpected. 5 turns later, I receive the message:

GANDHI HAS COMPLETED THE MANHATTAN PROJECT

WHAT!!!!
We stayed friends however, and Gandhi nuked the entire different continent! HE CONQUERED IT! THE ENTIRE DIFFERENT CONTINENT WAS INDIA GREEN! I used that to my advantage, he killed nuked all the other civs, and I rushed and took all the capitals. I haven't finished it yet.

Knock on wood but I haven't played with Kamey in a long time, definitely not since the patch, and maybe not since bnw. I've never had much trouble with India, but oh the stories I've heard..Alex is being ok so far. Only has two cities while everyone else has three or four, and hasn't taken over the city states....yet. I do agree that rammy is a punk. Can't have "long term relationships" with him, he will always backstab. So now that I'm a little calmer, I'll ask: Is there a way in the settings to make sure that a specific civ WONT show up?

No experience yet playing against Kamehameha, and Gandhi's always been pleasant in my games.

But Alexander. Alex is a consummate douchebag. Not just because of the city-state ally spam, but because of his infamous need to insult you every 10 turns or so, apparently for the inexcusable crime of living near him. That was back in vanilla anyway, not sure if they've changed that in BNW.

Knock on wood but I haven't played with Kamey in a long time, definitely not since the patch, and maybe not since bnw. I've never had much trouble with India, but oh the stories I've heard..Alex is being ok so far. Only has two cities while everyone else has three or four, and hasn't taken over the city states....yet. I do agree that rammy is a punk. Can't have "long term relationships" with him, he will always backstab. So now that I'm a little calmer, I'll ask: Is there a way in the settings to make sure that a specific civ WONT show up?

I believe there is a mod called 'Really Advanced Settings' or something similar that allows you to exclude certain civs from the game. If you don't want to use that, you could just manually select all your opponents and make sure Alex isn't one of them.

Had Kamehameha in my games and he was overall okay. That is, he was friendly and stayed loyal even though he adopted another ideology - all until I produced nukes and went strait for another AI's capital.

Augustus Caesar, now THIS is a pain in the @** in my games. Never stops spawning cities, never stops spying and never stops coveting my lands. All this done with that annoying "I am too full of myself to look at you" leaderscreen. In my last game as Attilla he actually had balls to declare war on me early on. He quickly realized why Attilla was called "Scourge of God" and called for peace after his army was stomped by 2 X-bows and a city.

Ok, Alex took over half of india, japan took over the other half. Alex then captured delhi and liberated, kept ghandi's other cities. Has allied all but two city states and has 5,000 gold. One thing he DOESN"T have however, is dynamite. My arties took argos, then athens, got one of ghandi's other cities in peace, plus 1,000. ten turns later, with gw bombers now, I'm attacking again. there is no other solution but to take every city he has (only four more to go). Can't wait till I tech up to radar and can really start crushing him. Then I can relax, ahhh.

There's a number of civs I hate. Siam, because somehow they gets a huge lead, even when he's spawned in Tundra. Mongolia, Songhai and Venice, because they show up every single game. Austria, because they ruin my life by kidnapping my allies. And the greatest enemy of them all: Not Monty, not Gandhi, but the Zulu. They show up in my games a lot, often near me. Now, when this happens, especially when I'm between them, and Denmark, I last 15 turns. Max.

I feel for you, man. Personally, I find the AIs most annoying when they won't be manipulated.

At least you can bribe Alex and force him into wars of attrition. Ramkhamhaeng never gets involved in stupid wars, no matter what I offer him. Then there's the type who will listen, but they give you bogus prices (e.g., 50% of your empire) for compliance (cough Darius cough) unless they are a hair away from taking that action.

And while we're complaining, nothing gets my goat more than when I'm working hard on religion and another AI decides they are going to factory produce missionaries. For example.

Top Bottom