Venice is evil! (or stupid?)

It's the same as what happens with Austria's Diplomatic Marriage, right? Except that where Austria allows the city-state to at least retain the dignity of an alliance through marriage and maybe even a Dual Monarchy, Enrico just buys them out like an evil CEO doing M&A. :D

Venice: soo, we give you all this money, and you join us ok?
City state: but uh, we kinda want to stay independent, and we can make own own Monearghh!
Venice: (hits mayor on head with money bags) ok, anyone else got any objections? no? lets do this! :lol:

I find it refreshing to see the computer cheating, reneging, and the such. Players have been doing it for years. No one wants a stale goody two shoes AI that always does what they say. At least I don't. Good for you Mr. Donadalo.

So I was just playing a game as Morocco working for a CV, with a heavy basis on religion. Venice was right next to me, but we managed to be friends (I guess he can't covet my lands if he can't expand anyway), but we both founded religions, and he quickly set about trying to convert my heathens - who worship Almighty Netflix, of course - to his Hinduism.

Nonetheless, we remained friends, so I asked him to stop converting my cities. He said "sure", or whatever, I don't remember the exact wording. It didn't even hurt me diplomatically with him. But, despite this, he carried on business as usual and just kept converting my cities. What?! Why? Does he think I won't notice that my citizens are giving up Almighty Netflix in droves? And now that I asked him, and he "agreed", I can't ask again. So what do I do? Is this a glitch, or is Venice just programmed to be an idiotic dirtbag?

I get this with Maya all the time. One thing I've noticed that will prevent him to nuke your cities is to bring about 2-3 GP of your own and just keep nuking his capital. :lol:

He will drag his GP from other side of the map to convert his capital back for some reason. Dunno, maybe AI doesn't know how to use inquisitors or missionaries from his other cities? :mischief:

Placing inquisitor in your holy city will help. AI usually ignores other cities and turns back when you have inquisitor. Of course, there's a chance that he will still go for your other cities, but in most cases he gives up.

PS. Declaring war on Venice and pillaging all of his trade routes also works. :lol:

Top Bottom