The NESer Paradox Games Thread

Based on that description, I believe that EU IV would be my choice as well.

1615, messing around as France for fun. The Byzantine Dictatorship is my puppet, just got finished feeding it provinces. Tuscany and Pope and Liege are my other vassals. Mostly just goofing off, figure I'll just eat the rest of the Turks before turning my attention back on the HRE and Castile. Probably going to go Rev. France, just so I can have a Western and Eastern Roman Republics thing going on.

Spoiler :

hue hue hue

Spoiler :

Long Live Lord Protector Alexander I, for we elected him and he refuses to surrender his power. The republic in September, 1777.

Spoiler :

Spoiler largest armies :

Link to video.

All hail the Gallic Empire :D

Lucky, can you describe what is happening in North America? Is that an Exiled England I see?

All hail the Gallic Empire :D

Lucky, can you describe what is happening in North America? Is that an Exiled England I see?

Yes it is an exiled England. They came back from a couple of Caribbean islands and Upper Michigan to being one of the most power countries in the world.

Holy Timurids.... they got big.

So I was playing the EUIV Demo as Austria earlier. It got to the point where rebels would arise and I couldn't defeat them due to my morale dropping severely, even though I had double the numbers and defending in some circumstances. Any advise about why this might have happened? I kept my stability at about average or higher if I could.

Lord_Herobrine have you played any EU before this? Sounds like military funding is set too low, causing your default morale to be low. I don't know EU4 mechanics well enough to think of other causes.

Yes it is an exiled England. They came back from a couple of Caribbean islands and Upper Michigan to being one of the most power countries in the world.

Wow, that's the spirit!! :D

I have played the tutorials before that game, but otherwise no. And ahhh, I now realize that was my problem. I set it down after my initial war and forgot to set it back up.

rossiya

Spoiler end game :

Spoiler russia will grow larger :

Spoiler russia is friends :

Spoiler many europes :

Spoiler world map :

Interesting map. Might make a decent NES if it was cleaned up a bit.

Yeah, for sure; and some of the cool things, that obviously the pictures don't capture very well, are what I thought of as narratives as they went into constructing the world.

Like, Spain and Portugal had a very weird relationship this game. They were constantly at odds and fighting over colonies on one hand while they were teaming up to subjugate on the other (Japan being a prime example of this). But starting in like, oh, 1730 they got into a war that just refused to end. Somehow Portugal got the upper hand on the peninsula and successfully occupied all of mainland Spain, but the Spanish refused to capitulate, and continued fighting the war as monarchist remnants all across the empire, often winning those battles even as the colonial armies couldn't hitch a ride back to Spain past the Portuguese home fleet which was #1 in the world starting from the 1500s. So for 80 years they continued to fight, mainland Spain under occupation, as the Spanish armies struggled in the Americas, in Africa and Asia. Portugal eventually enlisted the help of the Japanese to all but kick the Spanish out of Honshu.

The war started when Portugal began a crusade against Mali, which was an ally of Spain. So the Malinese-Spanish armies fought together in west Africa, often to great effect. The Malinese performed so well - they occupied all of Portuguese Africa - even as the war seemed lost in the greater picture thanks to the homeland situation for Spain.

The fact they didn't sue for peace is probably a war score glitch or something, like, both countries either felt they could get more or lose less than the numbers dictated. I like to imagine this time period was known as "the Occupation" in greater Spanish history as the war went on for 80 years until, in 1810, the fires of revolution caught the wind from France and huge revolutionary armies succeeded in retaking almost all of Spain. Now, keep in mind these weren't organized armies, these were Spanish revolutionary rebel battalions. And they beat the Portuguese, so Portugal had to settle for peace (probably sealing Mali's fate in the process) and Spain changed its government. Now I like to imagine that the Spanish people, after a generation or two under Portuguese rule, finally got sick of it and took matters into their own hand. The effect is somewhat ruined because the entire Spanish empire went republican as well, but, you know, it's cool to imagine what actually happened was the monarchists, already set-up in Brazil, sort of became a remnant faction with the ambition to retake their homeland from the rabble. But it's a cool sort of multi-layered narrative that builds itself out of the weird mechanics of a Paradox game.

And then Hindustan is a really awesome country because they were formed by Malwa, which as you may know doesn't exactly start out super strong. But they rode the coattails of the Ottoman-Russian entente that beat the Timurids, Chagatai, and Najd into submission over the course of the 17th and 18th centuries, finally coming to dominate the Indian subcontinent and even the Persian heartlands. And Hindustan is a pretty modern country despite being in their technology group, IIRC they had 27's in all techs. It's easy to imagine they'd go into the 19th century as the weird Abyssinia/Japan analogue where they were the one Asian country to successfully assert their independence (against Portuguese and French ambitions, too) and become a dominant regional power.

And then in Europe, we have, of course, the Big Blue Blob and Austria. But France was never really strong, trading blows with Austria but never coming out on top, until 1745 or so when they waged war on Austria over the Neapolitan succession. Since Russia was allied with Austria, I sent troops across the Rhine to help crush the French armies, and after a long war they were forced to peace out with losses. From that point my alliances with the Nordics crumbled (our common enemy of Scandinavia, prematurely formed in like 1510, having finally been defeated by a Holsteinian/Hansan/Swedish coalition) and the only westerners who liked me were monarchist Spain (again, occupied) and The Hansa. Pommerania and Bohemia partitioned Poland without even inviting me to take all of their provinces, so I had to wage war on the Germans in 1790, conveniently just as France had its revolution. But Revolutionary France sucked because for some reason they didn't roll their 3-star max stats general, so I had to beat them myself. I succeeded, but the Germans all hated me after that, and Austria then revoked the privilegia after the imperial authority soared with the Bonapartists firmly defeated (not forced to renounce their revolution, thankfully) in 1814. I was the bad guy of Europe, the Germans were on the rise under the aegis of the Emperor, and France and Spain were sick men. Portugal, Austria, Ottomans, and Russia all looking at each other with fingers on the hair trigger.

And England were an irrelevant North American-centered power all game long.

I succeeded in my policy goals of dominating Poland, central Asia, and China (Constantinople was never on the agenda as Ottomans were my ally until the turn of the 18th century).

Now I imagine the 19th century situation would develop with France having serious revanchist ambitions on the Austrians, Austria attempting to further centralize Germany (they're doing a bang-up job quite frankly), Portugal dealing with a newly branded, aggressive Spain, and a possible Spanish-French axis that would mess things up. More Russian-Ottoman conflict would inevitably lead to Russian victory, but the ongoing liberation of the serfs, started in 1790 under Elizaveta (I renamed St. Petersburg in her honor, the best monarch I had all game with 4-6-5) would probably come to a head at some point or another. Hungary is an accepted culture in Ottomans strangely but attempts to "liberate" them would still be made. And then Ming would probably capitulate to Russian expansion soon (Zhou and Korea already in the Russian camp), Hindustan would become strong and eventually a counterpoint to Burma and Ottomans (and their Najd puppet), and the new world, still without independent colonies, would still be a toss-up.

Really cool and fun game.

The Hautevilles of the line of Roger have encouraged free mixtures between the Normans and the Saracens they rule. As such, many have adopted the native dress and customs, which has given the Latin Church the ability to rule with a light hand.

The Berbers, seeing this tolerance, have abandoned Mahound and returned to the faith of their fathers. Their emirs have been welcomed into the highest councils of the Kings of Jerusalem, Sicily and Africa.

So I'm getting close to making it to 1444 for conversion for the first time since pre-Rajas of India. This has been one epic game and featured a number of odd things throughout, including a Sunni Wales, the constant rise and fall of Catholics, and a number of heresies doing unusually well. So here's a quick collection of screenshots from the current point in my game, as I've FINALLY broken the Ilkhanate and Golden Horde after about 30 years of warfare.

Religion 1
Spoiler :

Political 1
Spoiler :

Cultural 1
Spoiler :

Religion 2
Spoiler :

Political 2
Spoiler :

Cultural 2
Spoiler :

Religion 3
Spoiler :

Political 3
Spoiler :

Cultural 3
Spoiler :

My current game is a Nestorian Middle east/persia

I'm uploading this because I want the odd state of Europe to be clear: The Teutonic knights are probably the most powerful state in Western Europe:

Spoiler Western Europe :

Spoiler cultures :

Spoiler religion :

That Germanic is reformed: Ragnar Lodbroc came seconds from creating scandinavia.

And my little corner o the world:

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

And, one last time:
Spoiler :

And here I am struggling to play with the Zoroastrians :p

And it seems that the Teutonic appeared somewhat earlier. Probably the pagans began to conquer Europe (which is rare), and they came to break up the party.

Edit: EQ, it seems that the Abbasids survived!

Top Bottom