Caribbean 1500

Left

Real Game Out Here
My first scenario, weighing in at 37.23 MB, the colonization of the Caribbean.

IMPORTANT

This scenario requires Conquests patched to the latest version.

To Install

Unzip the download to your conquests scenario folder. By default this should be C/Program Files/ Infogrames Interactive / Conquests/ Scenarios.

Then add the .biq, which is attached at the bottom of this post to the same folder that you unzipped the download. Then you may activate the mod from your civ-content list ingame.

DOWNLOAD HERE:

http://www.civfanatics.net/downloads/civ3/scenarios/Caribbean1500v1.zip

Credits: aaglo, Kinboat, Orthanc, Civ Army s. 1994, Smoking Mirror, utahjazz

Version 1.1 Uploaded :)
Changes -
Changed Carib starting location to Trinidad
Weakend Pirate strength
Fixed Governments

Thanks for the feedback guys!

Attachments

• Caribbean1500v1.1.zip
    34.8 KB · Views: 597
Screenshots:
The French get their start on Guadaloupe

Some of the units in the mod

Units:

Pirate Units:
Ships:
Cuthroat, Privateer, Run Barrel Submarine, Powderkeg Submarine
Land: Scalleywag, Buccaneer, Swashbuckler, Freebooter

European Units
Ships: Fluyt, East Indiaman, Corvette, Frigate, War Galleon, Galleon, First Rate, Man 'o War, Caravel, Carrack.

Land: Arquebusier, Guards, Soldiers, Shore Battery, Cannon, Jack Tar. Captains, Master-at Arms

Native Units
Ships: Canoe, Piroga, Native Ship

Land: Native Warrior, Jurikan, Eagle Klan, Native Spearman, Native Slinger

I will report in evening:)

OK I tried it. Its very funny but also I have some suggestions:
1)Denmark colonizes Carribic?!? Maybe better Portugal...
2)Technologies may bring some goverments but I may change goverment without these technologies. I may switch from start to Republic, Communism, etc....
3)Spain is too easy, every game they have about 2x-3x cities than all other Europeans, so maybe you may add some other civilization on land when is Spain to slow them
4)I was angry about some stealth boats. Its good idea but they have high attack so my war ships dont have chance

Denmark did have some Caribbean colonies. I think they purchased them, not founded, but I thought it was good for vairety. I don't think Portugal had any caribbean colonies. Brazil isn't on the map anyway.

Ill lower the pirate attack and maybe switch a native civs starting location to Trinidad.

Oops, forgot about governments, thanks for the heads-up.

Denmark did not purchase its colonies.... we had the three islands: St. Jan, St. Thomas and St. Croix (now a days they're the US Virgin islands). The islands were officially Spanish or French, but weren't settled, thus the Danes settled there.
Especially St. Croix got fairly famous as a haven for pirates and other shady characters to seek refuge once in a while.... of course it wasn't near the level of Tortuga or Port Royale, but still.... :)
And yes, Portugal does not belong in the Caribbean but on the Terra Firma, historically speaking at least :)

Thanks for the history lesson Kristian :) and for the feedback REDY.

Version 1.1 is uploaded.

:) Happy to be of assistance where I can :) I'll download this beauty too... though I'm afraid I won't be able to play it 'till September :(

looks real nice :crazyeye: (downloading right now)

just to follow up on yo other guys:

you are right about that denmark had colonies in the caribbean,
and as kristian says USA owns them now.
They bought them in the second world war to build millitary bases i think.

Top Bottom