Rise of Mankind on bootcamp

lonkero

Chieftain
Hiho

Any ideas why RoM doesn't load on bootcamp? Well, it loads, but after the game has restarted nothing has changed, build info says the mod is active, but it's not. I tried to load Rhye's and it worked. :confused:

Thanks for reply!

Hi, welcome :wavey:

Bootcamp just makes your Mac into a PC. There's no reason at all why RoM should work any differently on Bootcamp than it does on any other PC. You don't give any clues about what the problem is, so here are some questions:

1. You don't say which variant of Civ4 you are running (vanilla, warlords, BtS). Are you sure that the mod you have installed is compatible with your variant?

2. When you install the mod, do you see its name in the top right corner of the main menu screen?

3. If so, how do you then proceed? Do you load a scenario? Or just start a standard game?

4. When you start a game, do you see the full user interface on screen?

5. Enable logging in the CivilizationIV.ini file. Find the file in My Games\...\<the relevant variant folder>). Edit it in Notepad and change zero to one in the following line:

; Enable the logging system
LoggingEnabled = 1

Then load up the mod and start a game, and look at the My Games\...\<variant>\Logs\PythonErr.log file. If it is not empty then it may give clues about the problem.

Hey! Thanks a lot for reply. I'll print your post and I'll check the things you point out later when I have time for this great game. :)

1. I'm running warlords + bts, and the mod says "Rise of Mankind is made for Beyond the Sword expansion but it will also require Warlords expansion since I've used graphics from Warlords in my mod". So that's clear.

2. Yes, it's there.

3. Well, I tried every possible option, but couldn't access to the mod features (like additional game speeds or world sizes), and the gameplay was original, no additional content in user interface etc.

4. Not quite sure about the question, but screen is just like in original game.

5. Here's what the file says:
Traceback (most recent call last):

File "CvScreensInterface", line 705, in forceScreenRedraw

File "CvMainInterface", line 749, in redraw

File "CvMainInterface", line 3002, in updateGlobeviewButtons

AttributeError: 'CyUserProfile' object has no attribute 'getGrid'
ERR: Python function forceScreenRedraw failed, module CvScreensInterface
Traceback (most recent call last):

File "CvScreensInterface", line 705, in forceScreenRedraw

File "CvMainInterface", line 749, in redraw

File "CvMainInterface", line 3002, in updateGlobeviewButtons

AttributeError: 'CyUserProfile' object has no attribute 'getGrid'
ERR: Python function forceScreenRedraw failed, module CvScreensInterface

A step closer, I hope. :)

The Python code is failing. I'm a bit surprised you get a full user interface when you strt a game. Usually this sort of fault would result in just a map with units, and no user controls around the sides of the screen.

Since I don't know anything about Rise of Mankind, I suggest you ask for assistance in the RoM forum. There should be no difference between Bootcamp and any other Windows installation.

Top Bottom