Maps of NESing V

If its anything like your last NES, count me in :p

Also am I correctly assuming that your signature percentage bar correlates to it?

Hah, no, that's a Doctor Who reference. :)

Impressive, all though the water and deserts look a bit odd, compared to the rest of the image.

If you folks are interested, I could make maps like this upon request:

Spoiler :

:)

(and better looking too, this one was practice)

Here's another:

Hi,

There is a program to create the details on a map? I have done the basic shape of the map and now just need to make the land (desert, mountain, plains, forests etc).

I did everything by Photoshop, using the clouds filter. I've been very interested in how the map End of Empires was made, is there any app for that?

My map: http://i.imgur.com/2Ulk6UM.jpg

What in particular about the map are you curious about?

Everything on it was done using GIMP.

That part is a serious pain. :p

Basically, you take a satellite image of Earth. Then you copy regions similar to the ones that are on your random/fantasy map, and stitch them together until you come up with something that looks like that. There's some use of the blend function, but a lot of the manipulation has to be done on a really small scale (especially in the mountain regions to get the ridges to look right).

This is just something I've been tossing around. The entire world is done, including climates, pressure zones, basic ocean currents, tectonic plate movement, etc. this is just a small region.

Thoughts, criticisms?

Spoiler :

Criticism? Yeah- i got a big one. Where the F___ are the TOG?

Well, that's surprisingly not helpful. I don't know where the Tog are, it's open ended, I don't know who is who, or why anything is happening, I just made a map. Probably not doing anything with it, though I may see if people want to write some back-stories for some of the 'states'. Right now, I'm just curious of what people generally think about it.

Well, that's surprisingly not helpful. I don't know where the Tog are, it's open ended, I don't know who is who, or why anything is happening, I just made a map. Probably not doing anything with it, though I may see if people want to write some back-stories for some of the 'states'. Right now, I'm just curious of what people generally think about it.

How could that be surprising? 'not helpful'- obviously. But 'surprisingly not helpful'?- hardly!

:p

Just jokes- it looks great. It just sort of puts the nail in the coffin of the glorious sepulcher i guess.

I don't like how the hills and mountains look like, but that is just my sense of aesthetics.

Just jokes- it looks great. It just sort of puts the nail in the coffin of the glorious sepulcher i guess.

Well, if anything comes of it, it would be like a Part 2, where we'd start where I had originally intended to go. That said, thank you. I'm not committing to anything, it's mostly a "when I'm bored I work on it" sort of project. Right now, I'm just focused on the map.

I don't like how the hills and mountains look like, but that is just my sense of aesthetics.

I'm not too crazy about them either, though everything (lakes, rivers, mountains, cities) on the map is layered, which is a plus. Any recommendations on alternative aesthetics to show 'there be mountains over thar'? On the climate map, I have them clearly represented; that was just the best way for me to show it on the political map.

Also, does anyone have any good recommendations on ways to make a demographic map? I've done some searching on the internet, and most things I can find are either on a small scale, or for a strictly fantasy (like, woah, wizards and dragons!) sort of manner.

Top Bottom