The lone soldier fighting

I did this in Civ3 and Civ4. My capital would be pretty safe, and I would keep one instance of the unique unit around, in the capital, as a memorial. Sometimes I would even name it, "Museum Piece." One of the fringe benefits of having dozens of units in those games.

I just stopped in to say I might do this going forward as a sort of royal guard. and keep them as whatever unit they were when they did there battlefield heroics

I typically do the opposite. And purposely send in the same division into every war as a sort of elite unit like certain special forces units or something. As a sort of source of prestige to my military on the war front. And if I'm a warring civ like Mongolia I tend to keep the general in the front with that unit like a sort of king.

One of the hardest things in the game is to send that lone soldier to his death.

Back in Civ III, where unit losses were a lot higher, if I could afford the unit maintenance, I would keep one obsolete unit, of a kind that had done great service in some early war, stationed outside my capital. It was a statue in honor of those lost soldiers.

I just stopped in to say I might do this going forward as a sort of royal guard. and keep them as whatever unit they were when they did there battlefield heroics

I typically do the opposite. And purposely send in the same division into every war as a sort of elite unit like certain special forces units or something. As a sort of source of prestige to my military on the war front. And if I'm a warring civ like Mongolia I tend to keep the general in the front with that unit like a sort of king.

I did both of these in Civ Rev. Build a small elite force to attack with, and once they're obsolete, station them in the capital or some historic battlefield and just build new units to act in their place.

Does anyone else lay down citadels or holy sites where they had some major battle, and then station a special unit there?

a severely weakened unit displays a lone soldier. when the severely weakened unit gets attacked you know its going to die. before the unit dies that lone soldier puts on a heroic last stand cutting down 3-4-5 men before he is finally over come.

he deserves this post for his courage, resolve and strength.

Nice, haha.

You know, landships seem to be able to accomplish lots with just one tank in the unit, but they must go through a lot of tanks, with those poor lads in the second Mark IV that always seems to explode whenever an enemy does so much as look at it funny.

Top Bottom