Your Darkest Universes

Krajzen

Deity
As we all know, each time Civ fanatics launches a new game, he starts the entirely new, alternate history of alternate Earth, nations, wars, great people and - history. Sometimes the results are boring, but sometimes they are pretty crazy, like The Eternal War
http://www.thewire.com/entertainment/2012/06/what-happens-when-you-play-same-game-civilization-10-years/53442/ ;)

What are your most dark, terrifying alternate timelines? Or maybe I will ask: what are your most interesting universes? ;)

My recent modded game as Netherlands resulted in the world which is really bad for average human being. Out of 13 starting civilizations:
- Shoshone were destroyed in ancient age by me and Zulu; Zulu razed their two cities, exterminating their population, while I captured the capital and turned most of the surviving population into slaves (Slavery Mod); the entire Shoshone culture was completely destroyed
- Maya had one very nice city, which was captured by Zulu and razed, so 100% of Mayans were exterminated :(
- Zulu became pathological estate of constant war, with poor economy and unhappy citizens, suffering on diseases
- Portugal created many colonies, which were exterminated by Zulu or Persian Empire, and in the medieval this country went through terrible disease (Health and Plague Mod) which killed 1/3 or so population; later, this plague returned two times...
- Persia created vast and strong empire, entered Communist regime, yet their citizens are really unhappy and empire is in constant war with Portugal and Zulu
(basically, Zulu - Persia - Portugal hate each other)
- Arabia was peaceful state, it went Freedom, and then it was invaded by Persia - their best city, Medina was massacred (conquered, reconquered, conquered and son on...), century of devastating war is passing and there is a frontline right in front of Mecca
- On the other continent: early Mali was nice country, then all of their cities but capital were razed and exterminated by Huns; this caused so big trauma, that Mali had still only its capital by industrial age, when it was conquered by Chinese Empire
- It didn't bring the happiness to Huns, because in medieval their cities were captured by China, and their last citadel was exterminated in Industrial Age...
- China, as you can see, is powerful empire which has built ridiculos amount of wonders, they are Communist state and they started the entire Red Problem, their citizens are unhappy...
- Celts created religion of Druidism and they were peaceful, then Polish Empire arrived and exterminated the entire (!) holy city of Edinburgh, all other little Celtic cities were conquered and turned into slave - machines
- Indonesia was small, yet peaceful and prosperous country, and in the Renaissance it was invaded by Poland, and Great War has started: it is going for many decades, giant fleets of both nations are massacred, armies are massacred, Indonesia has lost all colonies, but Poland cannot conquer mainland; coincidentally, the main frontline is on the past Celtic ground, so this poor nation is the main victim of the war (oh, and Indonesia went into Autocratic regime and its citizens are unhappy)
- And Poland, warmongering Communist wide empire, which in the last years was persecuted by brutal disease. In constant war with Indonesia and China, embargoed, with not very happy citizens.

Yeah, as you can see, there is nothing but war and suffering on this world. Also, cool thing to mention, all nations hate almost each other, and there are only few "friends" here (me and Poland, me and Arabia). World Congress is the place where is nothing but trying to embargo everything, and international trade is still massacred by all these wars; there are no research agreements.
By the way, all civilizations but my Netherlands and poor Arabia have either happiness below zero or close to zero.

The only hope for this world are, of course, my Netherlands. I managed to create INSANELY rich 6 cities Freedom country of high technology, trade and culture (and with 40 - 50 happiness). I have 1/3 of the total world GDP (!), and most of the world trade is either made by me or my friends. My Christian religion covers half of the globe, because the Savior is the only hope for poor homo sapiens sapiens. Yet, I am not free from problems - because of Emigration mod, and me being the only truly prosperous nation in the world, insane numbers of emmigrants come to me (curently, Amsterdam has a population of 60!!!) and maintaining high happiness is true challenge; what's worse, Chinese empire was giant technological and tourism runaway, and it almost created Revolutionary Wave - I managed to entirely counter that, and now there are Freedom riots in China, Persia and Poland, but situation was pretty bad.
This game is not ended yet. China has Manhattan project and still has few technologies more, there is Indonesia - Poland - China War, Arabia - Persia War and Zulu - Portugal War. In order to stop China I am preparing giant overseas Expeditionary Force but it will cause even more thousands of people to die... And the results of full access to nuclear weaponry can be tragic in this world...

This game is cool ;)

Top Bottom