AI faith bonus?

CivilizedPlayer

Warlord
I'm wondering if anyone knows whether or not/to what degree the AI gets a boost to faith output. On King, I have pretty much no issue being the first/second religion, and even when I'm not trying, I generally don't get any worse than the 3rd. But now I've just bumped it up to emperor, and on T101, 4 religions have already been founded, and one's even been enhanced! Is the AI getting some sort of boost to cause this? I just can't think how a religion would already generate a pantheon + 2 GPs that early. And no, the Celts, Ethiopians, and Byzantines aren't in my game :)

EDIT: Brazil just enhanced AND reformed it's religion, 7 turns after getting it in the first place. Must have used an SP or something to get 2nd GP, but it's still quite surprising to see AI prioritize religious enhancement to that degree. Again, correlated with difficulty?

CIV5HandicapInfos.XML

It's not really clear to me but I think AI needs 80% of the cost to get policies and religious stuff on Emperor. So 8 faith for 1st pantheon (standard speed) means they just need to find a religious cs and they've got it. If they take a faith producing pantheon or build Stonehenge that should get the first religion and then a free GP from either Hagia Sophia or Liberty finisher and they can be enhanced pretty quick.

AI love religion, look at the policies the AI starts with, I regularly see most of the AI going piety.

Top Bottom