My Letter of Resignation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thlayli

Le Pétit Prince
This is an open letter to the CFC community.

In large part, the community of NESers has left CFC. I have chosen not to do so, but in large part, it seems like nothing is going to change in this forum either. The moderators have not indicated that they're going to offer us any of the significant concessions we've asked for. That's truly sad, as it ruins any chances of reconciliation and return.

But so be it.

I don't want to leave this forum. I promised not to leave it. But NESing, such as I came to love it, is gone, and it seems clear now that the moderators want to eliminate even its legacy by merging it with the IOT forum.

As such, I think this is the end for me. I'm entering the phase of my life where I need to focus on my career in medicine, and while I have come to love CFC, it is no longer a place where I feel happy. I was here for the people and for the site, and I cared about both. It was great while it lasted, and I'll treasure the memories as long as I live. For those of you who still want to talk, you know where to find me.

I will miss you all, and in particular, I will miss the wonderful stories I wrote and games I played with some of the finest, smartest, and most creative people I have had the pleasure to know. There was so much more we could have been, but even then, what we were was truly great. Lift high the spear of truth, Basilevs. Don your mask for the final charge, my prince. Sail beyond the edge of the horizon, for this, at last, is my final exodus.

Goodbye.

It is sad to see you leave. :(

Hope that you will change your decision.

I am sorry to see this letter. Let me make a couple of points:

- It has not been all that long since things happened. Rome wasn't built in a day. There has been and continues to be active discussion in Staff regarding NES moderation and the best way forward that considers both the NESing community and CFC Staff needs and requirements. To say that nothing has happened is not accurate. Be patient and be a part of the solution. You are not going to be privy to the private staff discussions, but to say noting is happening is false.

- I don't know how many times I have to say this, but I'll say it yet again. CFC Staff has no desire to force a merge with IOT and NES. If we did we would have just done it and moved on. The discussion of it in Staff only came up out of an active discussion in the communities. Numerous statements have been made by Admins on down to the effect that the change wouldn't be made unless there was significant support for it from both communities.

- Unfortunately this thread is not permissible under site rules:

The Rules said:
Elitism and personal threads
In the forums, we expect everyone to treat other posters equally and fairly. As such, threads that suggest that some members are better, funnier, more popular etc, and threads that discuss specific forum members, either positively or negatively are not allowed.

Moderator Action: Usually this kind of thread is closed and deleted immediately. I am not going to delete this one, but I will close it. If you'd like to continue this discussion, the NES WWW thread is an appropriate place, but remember to remain civil and refrain from incendiary language, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom