ConquestsEdit bug, Icons disappearing from editor

ModelOmega

Chieftain
Hey there, new here, recently got back into Civ thanks to the Steam 2K sale, anyway, down to brass.

I'm making a custom mod for Civ3 using the built-in editor, adding a few units, changing a few stats, and converting the Hittites to the Canadians (because Conquests has the max number of civs).

Anyway, I've got my units and new Canada tribe all working fine in the debug, taught myself how to pull unit animations from the other scenarios, my big problem is once I'm done my initial build and go to test it out, when I return to the editor to change things I mess up, 39 of the 206 unit icons for usein the "Units" tab disappear (the last 39, which includes stuff like TOW Infantry and Mobile SAMs)

No matter what I do, I can't reverse whatever this is, but the scenario still works in debug and natural gameplay, but without the proper icons, I can't make further edits to those units unless I change the Mobile SAM to say an Infantry sprite. As it keeps asking me to "pick an integer from 1 to 167"

Also my version of the game is "Civ3Complete" from Steam, and it came with a bunch of preset scenarios with custom made units (one has dinosaurs, go figure), I thought missing those from my custom scenario folder might be the problem, so I copied all of the relevent data to my folder and re-did the whole thing, but it's still the same problem, I can make all the edits I want but as soon as I load the game it's ****ed.

Can anyone that still plays Civ3 help me? It's still my favourite in the series and I really want to start making my own contenr for it.

Just a stab in the dark here, but did you add the unit icons to the units32 file, found in the units folder?

Spoiler :

No I didn't, can you tell me how to do that please?

Update: So I found a program (PCX viewer) to open the file and coupled with the planes folder I am missing 39 icons.

I don't think this program can edit them though, do I just add the file to the folder? It appears as though all of the Conquest icons and the kings are missing.

Take a close look at the picture I included. Most will probably be self-explanatory. In your scenario units folder you need a pcx file with all your unit icons. if you don't have them (They usually come with the units, if the units are downloaded,) you can copy them from other "units_32 files." In the editor, you select the appropriate icon for each unit. The reason you had the "integer" problem is because you had more units than icons.

To begin, you can copy the original file from the game and just start adding to it.

Perhaps it would be best if you got out of the general discussion forum and found your way into the creation and customization sub-forum. There you will further find more sub-forums for tutorials and all kinds of neat things that will help you make your scenario even better.

doesn't matter anymore, I fixed it, turns out I copied the pcx file from the vanilla art folder, the one in the conquests folder had the missing icons.

Thanks for all the help!

Top Bottom