Solution To The Code 28/lsans Font Error

ThunderPeel2001

Chieftain
SOLUTION TO THE CODE 28/LSANS FONT ERROR

Hi all, I've just solved the Code 28 error problem for playing Conquests:

1. Go to your Civ3 folder
2. Go to the Conquests folder
3. Rename LSANS.FOT to -LSANS.FOT (or anything you like)
4. Play the game!

Some information: The LSANS.FOT file tells Conquests to load the LucidaSans font (used by Civ3) from "C:\BreakAway\Civ3\Conquests\LSANS.TTF". If this file isn't in this path, then it won't find the file and an error will be generated. Delete/rename the file and it will just load LucidaSans without problems.

Stupid or what?

Hope this helps anyone who is still having this problem! Atari's "support" sucks!

PS - I've re-posted this in a new thread as people seem to be having difficulty finding it. Maybe someone could sticky it?

Huh, I was just looking into a problem I have, which is that the font is too big so sometimes I can't see all the text. I hope it's that problem that this solution is for. I'll test it. I also had another problem that I just encountered a few days ago, the letter ü in Lübeck got replaced by another special letter that I had created for a font of mine. How weird is that? Let's see if this'll also be fixed by the above solution.

I tried doing everything that was written above, but it didn't help. The texts still don't fit into their boxes. And I still have another font interfering, see:

It's supposed to say Ürümqi. How is this possible?? It's so weird, since that one version of my own font, I've replaced it with a new one. The problem with the old one was that there was too much space after one of the characters, as you can see in the picture (before the letter m). Even though I've deleted this old version of the font, the faulty character still appear in some programs. *sigh*

I have tried this multiple times with no solution. I still get the font error message.

dude, i love u so much

I can't thank you enough for this. I am going to severely enjoy playing this game again after so long.

Okay, I tried this and all it did was to say exactly the same but that now it´s a code 13 instead...

I have both renamed and deleted (a.k.a. moved) the bloody files to no awail...

does anyone have a suggestion or solution...?

Okay, I tried this and all it did was to say exactly the same but that now it´s a code 13 instead...

I have both renamed and deleted (a.k.a. moved) the bloody files to no awail...

does anyone have a suggestion or solution...?
I'm getting the code 13 as well after fixing the code 28. :help:

And now I know why - problem solved [party]
I'd renamed the wrong file.
I needed to LSANS.fot change in C:\Program Files\Atari\Civilization III Complete
but I'd changed the one in here: C:\Program Files\Atari\Civilization III Complete\Conquests

Brilliant, an easy and quick fix to a game-stopping problem. I presume it must be an issue related to Vista, since I never had any problem with this on XP.

Thanks once again! :D

Thnx for the code 28 help. The game works perfectly now except for this: when I destroy another city (or one of my cities is destroyed), all the other cities are destroyed too and that player loses inmediately. This is really annoying and I hope someone knows what the problem is and/ or the solution. I already reinstalled the game twice.

Thnx for the code 28 help. The game works perfectly now except for this: when I destroy another city (or one of my cities is destroyed), all the other cities are destroyed too and that player loses inmediately. This is really annoying and I hope someone knows what the problem is and/ or the solution. I already reinstalled the game twice.
Sounds like you have "1 City Elimination" turned on. Before you start the game, check the options screens inside the "Single Player -> Custom Game" menu and turn it off. That should sort it out for you.

I've had this problem too, and that tips worked fine.

But now, i have a similar error due to font error (code 13)

:confused:

Does anyone knows what to do ?

SOLUTION TO THE CODE 28/LSANS FONT ERROR

Hi all, I've just solved the Code 28 error problem for playing Conquests:

1. Go to your Civ3 folder
2. Go to the Conquests folder
3. Rename LSANS.FOT to -LSANS.FOT (or anything you like)
4. Play the game!

Some information: The LSANS.FOT file tells Conquests to load the LucidaSans font (used by Civ3) from "C:\BreakAway\Civ3\Conquests\LSANS.TTF". If this file isn't in this path, then it won't find the file and an error will be generated. Delete/rename the file and it will just load LucidaSans without problems.

Stupid or what?

Hope this helps anyone who is still having this problem! Atari's "support" sucks!

PS - I've re-posted this in a new thread as people seem to be having difficulty finding it. Maybe someone could sticky it?

Top Bottom