MAP development

Eh... no. As far as I know Diego Garcia hosts a US naval base. (Kind of an important one too.);)

Eh... no. As far as I know Diego Garcia hosts a US naval base. (Kind of an important one too.);)

yes, in BRITISH territory. Not called British Indian Ocean Territory for nothing. Diego Garcia is best represented by the UK & USA having open boarders, so players can still use it as forward operating base if they so wish.

Its not called a British Overseas Territory for nothing :p

Fair enough. Although I don't mind what the Territory is called, as long as it's got a US base on it.

if uyou read the article it is a a joint US\UK base, with RAF units based there too.

Open boarders with a 1 pop city with all the military\naval building would best represent it.

That way US can use it without owning it (which it doesnt)

I know the feeling...:sleep: (And I don't mind your correction: I just assumed Diego Garcia was US, because of the naval base.);)

Jeelen:

FYI, I played for a while with that GEM 1940 map. After 20 turns it's still not slow at all. If Genghis_Kai doesn't mind us using his map, I completely agree with you that this would be the best map to base our main scenario on.

Quick suggestion:

I HIGHLY suggest having South America and much of Central Africa, and much of central Russia use the "marsh" tile from Rhye's map. This is HIGHLY useful to make sure that South America and Africa don't become compltely crazily over-powerful in commerce, along with central Russia...

The Marsh tile is incredibly important to balance gameplay realistically for the countries on these continents.

JEELEN: We're going to get the GEM included for you ASAP.

Cool!:thumbsup:

I think Mattygerst's suggestion about including Marsh tiles is also worth considering.

Definitely. We could also add a Rain forest tile that works in the same way but may be more suitable for places like Brazil.

Jeelen:

FYI, I played for a while with that GEM 1940 map. After 20 turns it's still not slow at all. If Genghis_Kai doesn't mind us using his map, I completely agree with you that this would be the best map to base our main scenario on.

How many players were there, though? Also, how many units can really be built in 20 turns? I'm not at all opposed to using the Giant Earth Map if we can, and I even suggested it in the past, but those questions above are worth considering.

Single player game, 35 civs. I was cranking out units like a mofo and so were at least Britain, America and Russia.

Hi,all. I like playing Rhye's scenario mod and I want to play on Rhye's map in normal single player mod. Please, help me find Rhye's map! I have Civ4 v.3.17. It is a very excellent map.

Hi,all. I like playing Rhye's scenario mod and I want to play on Rhye's map in normal single player mod. Please, help me find Rhye's map! I have Civ4 v.3.17. It is a very excellent map.

Hi, welcome.

The best place to look for Ryse's maps is in his forum. This forum is for a mod that is not yet ready to be played.

Are you really in Mongolia?

Cool.

Good luck.

Does the GEM have special terrain movement costs in the Pacific? Since it is smaller than in reality to have more space on that map for land area it would take a much shorter time for a fleet to cross the Pacific. The World 2009 mod is much about realistic simulation so shouldn't we have a special Pacific tile to slow down navy? This might be significant if there was to be some war between e.g. USA and China.

And another thing that stroke me when I had a closer look at the GEM screenshot: Suez seems to consist of two tiles. Wouldn't it be nice to narrow it to one tile so a city on that tile would represent the Suez Channel that would only be open for nations who have open borders with Egypt. Just like the Russian Black Sea Fleet can leave the Black Sea only through Istanbul.

Top Bottom