Leaders

Civics are done, so you can now start editing leader texts for favorite civics! I will also provide my own suggestions when I can.

How do I upload files?

Are you set up with the SVN? If you are, please commit them that way. If you aren't, and don't feel like setting it up, you could post your files here and myself or NikNaks will add them to the SVN.

Berlusconi's sort of a dark horse. If it had to be anybody it would be either Sarko, Merkel, or Zapatero, and we got a decent Sarko out there.

I have the SVN, but don't know how to upload files to your site that utilizes it. I also don't know how to upload things to these forums. A walkthrough is in order either way.

To upload something here; Click the "go advanced" button under the box you type your posts into.

Then scroll down, beneath the submit button, to the "Additional Options" section. Click "manage attachments". This will pop up a little window, with three spots for you to upload files. Click browse, select your file, and then click the Upload button. You will see bars moving as it uploads. Once it is finished, you can just close that window, post your message, and the files will be attached.

To upload to the SVN, you'll have to PM me your sourceforge.net username. I will add you so you can make updates. You are set up to download from the SVN right? If so, all you have to do to share your updates is right click on the World 2009 folder, and to go "SVN commit".

Hope that helps.

Civfanatics finds my file invalid, I don't think I have a sourceforge name, and I don't see any "SVN Commit" under right-click options. All there is is an option for "Tortoise SVN," which expands to "RepoBrowser," "Settings," "Help," and "About."

Sorry, put your files in a .zip file before uploading them here. If you want to use the SVN, you have to sign up for a sourceforge account (free).

Here they are. The art refs aren't done yet, but I have started to reuse and recycle various buttons from the core game to illustrate as I see fit. These should all show up, as the mod requires the core game to play. On the other hand, there is one button I snagged from Final Frontier to use for this mod; I included it in a folder, and specified what I think is the correct path for it now, but you'll need to check to make sure it loads in-game, and if not, change the path if necessary; also change it if you move the button to the more general "buttons" folder. Thanks.

Attachments

• Earth2009Civics.zip
    10 KB · Views: 72
Cool, thanks a lot. You're right. I will also check all the other leaders if they changed after we finished this list. After all Taro Aso (as it would be in English) has been in power since September 2008. As you seem to have more insight...why do you consider him "aggressive"?

Glad to have you helping, Sea of Japan. This isn't something to worry about though, I think we've got all the leaders up to date. (With the exception of Musharraf, Putin, and Zuma, who we are keeping for now). This list in the first post is old.

Here is the up to date list. These are the guys and gals who we presently have in the mod.

No harm in going over it. :)

Glad to have you helping, Sea of Japan. This isn't something to worry about though, I think we've got all the leaders up to date. (With the exception of Musharraf, Putin, and Zuma, who we are keeping for now). This list in the first post is old.

Here is the up to date list. These are the guys and gals who we presently have in the mod.

No harm in going over it. :)

Checked it again and found it to be up to date with one exception. We still have Fidel Castro instead of Raúl Castro who officially succeeded his brother in february 2008. Are we keeping him on purpose like Musharraf & Putin?

good eye, and yes. Sorry, I've been forgetting to mention that one. Thanks!

I'm guessing Fidel's there because 3-D art exists for him. Much as it's cool to see fans do professional work, though, I'd rather have static images in a better recreation of the current world than 3-D leaders that aren't up to date, although nowadays it seems 3-D leaders are a dime a dozen, so updating shouldn't take too long. I still am freaked out by Saakashvilli; he's write up there with Hyborem or Gilgamesh grabbing the camera as the creepiest leader ever.

He's creepy in real life!

FYI: We're using 3d placeholders for ones we don't have, not static images.

We need some additional leaders I guess:

Norway: Jens Stoltenberg
Turkey: Recep Erdoğan
Morocco: Mohammed VI
West African States: Tandja Mamadou
Central African States: Antoine Ntsimi
East African States: Juma Mwapachu
Bangladesh: Sheikh Hasina
Mongolia: Sanjaagiin Bayar
New Zealand: John Key (former Minor Nations leader)
Bolivarian Americas: Should be Hugo Chavez

We need some additional leaders I guess:

Norway: Jens Stoltenberg
Turkey: Recep Erdoğan
Morocco: Mohammed VI
West African States: Tandja Mamadou
Central African States: Antoine Ntsimi
East African States: Juma Mwapachu
Bangladesh: Sheikh Hasina
Mongolia: Sanjaagiin Bayar
New Zealand: John Key (former Minor Nations leader)
Bolivarian Americas: Should be Hugo Chavez

For East African States, we can just use Jakaya Kikwete, previously the leader of African Union.

And for Minor States, we can use Muammar al-Gaddafi, previously leader of Independent African nations, to replace John Key.

I don't know...if we'd like consistency we should use the Secretary Generals of the Unions (Juma Mwapachu is SG of the East African Community). After all we do the same with the EU. On the other side we could call the Unions after the largest state (like we already do with South Africa) and then use the leader of this state. For East Africa this would be Tanzania and Jakaya Kikwete...
But we don't have a custom leaderhead for Kikwete anyway, so it actually doesn't matter which of them we'll have as a leader.

Unfortunately, Jakaya Kikwete's term ended... yesterday! He was replaced as head of the AU by... Muammar al-Gaddafi.

Top Bottom