How can i get better?

GabrielAbarca

Chieftain
I mean, I'm a new player and I don't think I really know what to do
I've watched a 1 hour tutorial and I kinda understood how to do basic things but where can I learn the other cool stuff I can do in this game?
I mean, other than just playing for 3000 hours

If you're just starting out I suggest you just play on settler difficulty and then move up in difficulty until you get stuck, at which point just go find people playing on youtube and see what they do differently.

I'd recommend starting on Prince. Anything lower and you develop bad habits.

As said, read WA articles, check out Carls guides in general...maybe a youtube or two.

You will see how important science is. The delicate balance between production & food in cities. Importance of happiness, how to trade and make gold. The art of war. Be selective on Wonders and learn how to use Great People to best effect. City States can be major players in many ways. Diplomacy, more important than you may initially think. Don't ignore Tourism....or Religion. Play to the strengths of your civs unique traits. Take your time and plan things. Rationalism, (nearly) always rationalism...

Progress and balance all these things based on your victory objectives, strengths of the AI and your immediate neighbours .

And flexibility, lots of flexibility!

Apart from that it's all pretty straightforward lol.

Search for Acken's video on YouTube.

These are the one I used to get to KING. Now I am stuck there and it's been a while since I played.

But I learned SO MUCH from Acken. Like... A LOT! I had never played a Civ game before V.

Top Bottom