Anyone having this issue with Steam?

gunnergoz

Cat Herder
My Steam app keeps downloading the Civ V Workshop files - this is the third update in the past week. Not the main game, that was patched earlier, nor is it the BNW update, but only the Civ V Workshop. I've not used the Workshop in a while and its files are unaltered and undamaged, so I have no idea why Steam keeps pushing these files to me.

Anyone else seeing this behavior on Steam? :confused:

My Steam app keeps downloading the Civ V Workshop files - this is the third update in the past week. Not the main game, that was patched earlier, nor is it the BNW update, but only the Civ V Workshop. I've not used the Workshop in a while and its files are unaltered and undamaged, so I have no idea why Steam keeps pushing these files to me.

Anyone else seeing this behavior on Steam? :confused:

You mean the Civ V SDK tools?

I keep getting frequents updates of that since a long time. I don't quite know why.

Are these files items that you've subscribed to but decided to delete from your system?

No, they are still on my system. And actually it says "Civ V Workshop Content". Could they be updating my mod files? I didn't think Steam automatically did that.

I get the exact thing as you! I think it has to do with making sure you have all of your subscribed items from the workshop.

Yes I'm getting that too, not sure it is either

They thought they fixed it; http://forums.2kgames.com/showthread.php?247316-New-patch-en-route:
Code:
MODS AND STEAM WORKSHOP
Fixed an issue that would cause some mods to download over and over from Steam Workshop.
Changed the way the mod database is built so that the mod library is managed correctly.
Fixed an issue with World Builder which could cause it not to launch properly on some users computers.
Maybe they didn't.
I can also still not open World Builder, I even reinstalled, but no luck. Modern computer with Windows 8.

I can open WB OK but am curious about these frequent DL's. It could well be a bug. I don't really mind if it is only that but always worry about more sinister stuff...not that Steam has any history of that, but hackers are hackers...

Here we go again...just got another Civ V Workshop Content update...this one says "Completed 4/4, Time initiated 5:48."
This just seems weird unless it is mod files updating themselves, which I'm not sure is supposed to be happening. I left a similar question on the Steam forum, we'll see what those guys say about it.

Top Bottom