Loopy pilots!

Bezurn

Prince
How many loops does it take to get to the end of the 'attack aircraft carrier' for air units? I lost count around 6 or so, but man is it annoying. I know I could play without animations, but I enjoy most of the modern era ones, as I rarely get to fight a war with them. But man when I attack an aircraft carrier, I just get up and go make a sandwhich. Problem is that I'm already pretty full, and there are more aircraft carrier to kill!

Trying to take out Austria who has 35+ cities (to my 26ish) and I have to play to 2012 (its only 1935). Hope they addressed this animation in the expansion, cuz it is super annoying!

Don't know, it's usually pretty short for me. But submarines are even more annoying (I'd say about 1000 times for a submarine).

It's a bug - sometimes the planes will loop multiple times because something's preventing the graphic sequence from completing. It does seem to happen mostly with naval units, I've noticed, but otherwise it's not consistent when it triggers - the same unit type may take one pass or several.

There's a mod that makes fighters and bombers move 2x faster, it's a real time saver.

Even the occasional animation glitch doesn't last that much with it.

Since it's a bug with aircraft, it's not going to happen outside the late game...

That's not isolated to aircrafts, even though it usually happens with them. I've seen this happening with rocket artilleries and sometimes with musketmen or riflemen.

still kinda late game though.

That's not isolated to aircrafts, even though it usually happens with them. I've seen this happening with rocket artilleries and sometimes with musketmen or riflemen.

still kinda late game though.

Now you mention it, I've seen it with rocket artillery too, but very occasionally.

One thing I've been seeing more since the patch is freezes when a unit kills another - the animation will often stop halfway through the final part of the sequence, and then complete a few seconds later.

When GKs was released and up to the fall patch all ranged units and city Attacks were looping to a point you had to turn animations off. CiV5 continues to be a bugfest :lol:

Top Bottom