Orthodox Priest (9 December 2006)

Plotinus

Philosopher
Retired Moderator
As requested by Partizanac on an almost daily basis. As with my other religious units, he features both a Preaching and a Magic attack. Alter the ini if you want him to do only one of these.

I decided to give him a fairly plain staff rather than a processional cross, to make him more versatile - he could be a fantasy cleric or wizard if you need one.

Get him here. Yes, the Death is faster in-game, and yes, I know the Victory sound is too long - but I liked it!

This won Unit Of The Month December 2006!

Very nice unit :goodjob: ! I love how he crosses himself as well as the lightning. Very nice!

Edit: First post!

Finally, it is done. [party]
I love it. :clap: :goodjob:

Cool!

However, your pcx handling still leave something to be desired. ;)

First, pink is pink. It's a ugly, girly colour, and not the usual pedia background, which is white. I've made a white version.

Secondly, the units 32 should always use red civ colour, not blue. It's also usually shown in the SE direction.

Get em fixes!

Thanks, mrtn. I'm unable to turn off the purple background in Poser, which is the background in my pedia icons often retains a slight pinkness. I must admit I've never thought it very important to have civ colour in the units 32 icon, but perhaps I should be more careful there too...

Oh I figured that one out awile back, go to the material room, go select the background, go to the background texture, and hit the icon that looks like a key, then change it to white. Then change all the other colors to white.

DO the same for the ground color, change everything to white.

Oh, a goat-priest, as if he came out from the church in my neibourhood! Thank god (!?) that real priests can't blast lightning out of their staffs. I love it!!!

Oh, a goat-priest, as if he came out from the church in my neibourhood! Thank god (!?) that real priests can't blast lightning out of their staffs. I love it!!!

Yeah, I find it quite funny that all these priests seem quite adept at the Sith-lightning thingy, I mean if they really could do that, everyone would go to church and stay wide awake, cause:

Priest: "Now turn to our bibles and... wait, is someone snoring?"
*spots snoring dude*
*Incinerates said dude (and a good part of the pew) with GINOURMOUS LIGHTNING BOLT OF DOOOOOM!!!*
Priest: "Sorry about that, let's continue."
Audience: :eek:

Needless to say I could see that THAT power would get abused pretty quickly,:lol: Anywho, great unit! :thumbsup:

EDIT: Man, someone's GOT to make a Flash movie or something out of that scene...

Looks Great Plotinus :goodjob: I like the two attacks for variety of use as well as the Fidget and making the sign of the cross for the Victory.

"Personal Preferences":
Death Flc speed- 56
AttackA and AttackB Flc speeds-66
Run Flc speed-48
...IF the Frame size was larger, the Lightning would not get cut off in a straight line at the ends for AttackB.

I Adjusted/remade the Large and Small pcx files and a new Civ Specific units_32.pcx...IF you want them.

Thanks for this Good Unit!

here are the pcx files:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/uploads/4870/OrthodoxPriest_pcx_files.zip

[Sword of Geddon] Thanks a lot. I hadn't spotted the key icon. I'll give that a go.

[Darque] Sounds complicated. I'd rather not!

Thanks for the comments, all. Yes, all priests can indeed shoot lightning bolts - trust me on this, I'm a theologian...

Stories of the Desert Fathers said:
Abba Lot came to Abba Joseph in the desert and said: "Father, as best I can I keep my little rule: I fast, I pray and meditate, I live in peace, and I purify my thoughts. Now what else should I do?"

The elder stood up and stretched up his hands towards heaven. His fingers turned into ten tongues of flame and he said: "If you want to, you can become all fire!"

Top Bottom