BUG 4.0? and BULL 1.0?

os79

Deity
I see in Download thread that these are available...

But when I enter "Download Here" to another webpage, I clicked around and found no BUG 4.0 and BULL 1.0. So...
What is the heck up? :)

That means that they have not been released yet, but someone changed the links as if BUG 4.0 and BULL 1.0 have been released.

I was able to download the BAT 2.0 mod which contains BUG 4.0 and BULL 1.0. You could go that route if you don't mind the BAT visual enhancements.

Where might I find the source files for BULL? I can browse the project at sourceforge, but I can't seem to locate the files.

They are in the SVN at /trunk/SDK/. If you grab /trunk, you'll get the Assets plus SDK folders plus an Optional folder for if you compile BULL yourself with some compile-time features enabled.

Got it, thanks! :)

would it be possible to zip a Bull-0.9-VeryUnstable-neverUseIt-ButForTheLazyITIneptPeople-Preview-_pre-alpha_-YouHaveBeenWarned ?

Any chance of getting a bit more info about the optional parts? I mean, 'Governor Builds Workers' is sorta kinda clear enough, but I don't quite know what 'Sentry Actions' actually does...

That's part of the delay. The DLL requires more of a technical readme, but here's a taste:

• Sentry Actions: Pep's New Sentry Actions mod adds "Go To and Sentry" so a unit will stop if it spots a unit while on a go to order and adds sentry actions specific to domain
  • Global Warming: Minor Annoyance's Global Warming mod makes GW tamer and separates nukes from meltdowns
  • Governor Workers: (from Pep's mod IIRC) allows you to tell the City Governor to stop building Workers and Workboats

[*]Sentry Actions: Pep's New Sentry Actions mod adds "Go To and Sentry" so a unit will stop if it spots a unit while on a go to order and adds sentry actions specific to domain

Speaking of Sentry Actions, it doesn't really work. At least not the healing part while in auto-explore mode. It works just fine if you're controlling the unit manually but it's useless with the auto-explore behaviour. That's the main thing I was looking forward to with BULL too. As it stands there's no point in turning that feature on in my game.

Speaking of Sentry Actions, it doesn't really work. At least not the healing part while in auto-explore mode.

I don't understand. If you set the unit's mission to Auto Explore, it obviously can't be set to Sentry While Healing. I generally only use AE to update already-revealed, safe, rival territory, so my experience with it is limited. What exactly were you hoping to see happen?

What exactly were you hoping to see happen?

Well I was hoping on seeing my healing units on Auto-Explore become active when encountering a threat. It's very easy to get distracted and forget about a unit that's in danger, until it's too late. I only explore manually until I have my empire's basic location mapped out then I use Auto-Explore. It just gets too tedious trying to micro-manage the unit after that. So I'd really like to have those units do a better job of taking care of themselves, and I was hoping Sentry Actions would help. Unfortunately it doesn't so it really serves no function for me.

Well I was hoping on seeing my healing units on Auto-Explore become active when encountering a threat.

Here's where my lack of AE experience comes into play: Are you saying that units running the AE mission stop and heal as soon as they take damage? I see two options here:

1. Units healing during AE wake to danger (sentry while healing)
  2. Units on AE wake to danger (sentry while exploring)
There's already a separate action button for SWH, and we'd need a new button for SWE. However, do we need three new buttons? Is someone going to want the unit to wake only while healing but not exploring or vice versa?

Before this mod someone (Pep? Dresden? I forget) provided some code tweaks that made all units wake to danger when healing rather than having a new action button. I tweaked this to have a second option to only make this happen in neutral territory so that my invasion stack wouldn't keep waking up while healing after taking a city. I actually prefer just making this a global option rather than having an extra button for Sentry While Healing.

In the case of Auto Explore, three new buttons just to cover the possibilities seems a bit much. This seems like another case where a global option would make more sense, Sentry While Auto Exploring. The Sentry While Healing option would apply to AE units, too.

Are you saying that units running the AE mission stop and heal as soon as they take damage?

Yes, that's exactly what they do.

This seems like another case where a global option would make more sense, Sentry While Auto Exploring. The Sentry While Healing option would apply to AE units, too.

This would actually be a very good option. Quite often when Auto-Exploring, the unit will wander right next to a hostile unit that is clearly visible. By the time I notice it, it's too late to do anything about it and the Scout etc. ends up dead. If it would stop whenever it's sees a hostile unit, then I could direct it to a different path away from the danger then resume the Auto-Explore. If that could be combined with Sentry while healing during Auto-Explore, my explorer units would have a much longer lifespan.

Not sure where to post a BULL question, so here goes: In the city hover, I get pink squares. They are where modded (new) building should be shown. Is there anywhere in BUG/BULL that I need to add an artpath for the new buildings? Or do I need to add artwork to the font file *shudder*?

Not sure where to post a BULL question

This works or the Bug Reporting thread until we can restructure our forum.

In the city hover, I get pink squares. They are where modded (new) building should be shown. Is there anywhere in BUG/BULL that I need to add an artpath for the new buildings?

It uses the button for the building from CvBuildingInfo.getButton(). Are these perhaps buildings that the player cannot build and thus don't have buttons? I could perhaps check for the existence of a valid button, but then what would I show instead, the name? Ick!

Or do I need to add artwork to the font file *shudder*?

Definitely not this.

Top Bottom