Expansion pack announced - Civilization V: Gods & Kings

Great news! I can hardly wait. Thanks 2K!

This will be an improvement, but I would rather have improvements for my multiplayer- namely Mod Support and letting us choose the amount of players per map.

WOOO THIS LOOKS GREAT HAHA! I feel excited like a little boy lol! :goodjob:

My main hope for the ex-pack was additional leaders to existing civilizations. One per civ is just not enough. It seems it wont be fulfilled :(

Whoever that mesoamerican leader is (Mayans I assume) looks awesome as hell.

"The nature of diplomacy is going to change as you progress through the ages," explained Beach. In the early ages, religion will be one of the crucial factors in how other civilizations respond to you. Later in the game, those religious prejudices will give way to ideology preferences. When a civilization commits to the freedom, order, or autocracy culture tree, it will become the new driving force behind international relations.

This looks promising. I'm also intrigued about the vague phrase "reworked combat system." I wonder if that simply means AI improvement or something more.

Edit: I see they're bumping hit points from 10 to 100. Looks like great stuff to me.

I'm glad they decided to add more strategic depth to Civ5 rather than just extra civs. I feel much better about Civ5 now and will be watching for further announcements. :)

This might help save CiV. A little late, but I will buy it like the sucker i am!:)

The translation of the dutch article anandus put up mentions towards the end, "The most important is probably the upgrading of the health bar of units. In other words, it now takes a little longer before you have a unit reports. A direct consequence of this adaptation is that battles take longer than before. This gives you more time to respond to confrontation through for example, to send additional units. Or just another tactic to think while a few units to stop the deal."
Not sure I understand what that means...

Awesome news, thanks 2K!

I never had a doubt that the city-state system would be reworked, as city-states were a highly touted feature before launch but were implemented in a lackluster way. However, I didn't expect them to go THIS far and bring back religion and espionage! Truly awesome! I do hope espionage is more fun in this than it was in BtS, cause I found that to be more on the annoying side than fun.

I wonder how mercantile city-states will work...give lump sums of gold to receive more per turn? Or maybe gold gifting will be nerfed/abolished entirely? Interesting...

What I truly did not expect was a combat overhaul. I really thought getting the AI to fight at a competitive level in this 1UPT hex grid would require an AI programming genius, and that if it could be done it would be saved till Civ VI. But they proved me wrong and seemed committed to V for the long haul! Excellent news indeed!

Release date prediction: May 15th

Pacal looks kind of silly, but I'll be looking forward to the expansion. The religion aspect in particular is interesting.

Top Bottom