How Can One City Be The Holy City For Two Religions?

Cicerosaurus

Emperor
The city is Addis Ababa.

It is the Holy City for Christianity (Ethiopia) and also for Shinto (Rome).

The Romans captured the city pretty early in the game, possibly after Ethiopia founded Christianity and possibly before Roman founded Shinto.

However, wouldn't the Holy City for Shinto still be Rome?

Attachments

• shinto.jpg
    shinto.jpg
    183.3 KB · Views: 225
Yep, its odd though, perhaps there was something that prompted the Roman prophet to be born in that city and the AI expended him there. An odd case to be sure.

I wonder what will happen if a rival prophet converts it. Will it regain both Holy city statuses? Which religion in the city has the most followers and pressure?

Well it got a little weirder as Polynesia captured Addis Ababa and thus had two holy cities (they had Islam in Honolulu) and three religions.

To complete the weird I did send a great Prophet and converted Addis Ababa to Judaism.

What happens if your capture an unused GP while not having a religion? Do you have an option to found another one? If you do, then that's what happenned.

What happens if your capture an unused GP while not having a religion? Do you have an option to found another one? If you do, then that's what happenned.

That would probably be a possibility as well.

So that's how you do it. I've been wondering all this time.

That's probably what happened, as far as capturing goes. To answer the OPs final question, the holy city for the religion is wherever the GP is when the religion is founded. Some players will deliberately move their GP away from their capital so that establishing an embassy doesn't give the AI the location of your holy city, since the AI will target the holy city for conversion once it knows where it is.

-S

Top Bottom