Civilization V: BNW Quick Look gameplay on Youtube

TheMystic

Warlord
Here's a 30 minute quick look at the Brave New World expansion, all in 1080p HD. Should note, this is not meant to be pro level play, but more of a first impressions piece with some level of overview of the new content. It was also rushed last minute, after receiving approval by PR to go live.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZenETv8dKJU

Geeze, Venice's start bias must be surrounded by city-states. This guy can't spit in the Grand Canal without hitting one.

Ouch... first merchant of Venice lost to barbs.
Double Ouch. 3 City states around and he picks the one where he knows there's a barb camp with 3 warriors. And still posts it on Youtube as a playthrough. Ugh. Not enough time on his calendar to redo 20 mins of video?

Just a terrible video. Is it that hard to be able to speak and have a basic ability to play the game you're supposedly showing off?
Never mind the zooming. Made me dizzy. The German video's are a little s.l.o.w. but at least they're thorough and have content.

That guy talked about unnecessary things at unnecessary times, and he made way to many stupid mistakes, it was painful to watch.

On the other hand, I get to marvel at the beauty of Venice's colors in action, which is nice. They do look good on the map.

Moderator Action: The trolling and insults stop NOW!

I don't think anyone is trying to insult or troll anyone. The video itself is just not polished. I think we all appreciate the effort, but its worth pointing out the problems.
Moderator Action: Please don't comment on moderator actions in public. That's a hard rule, and it doesn't matter what it is about. Write a PM if you feel it's necessary to say something.
Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

I was happy to see a game-play video and quite appreciate its existence and the contribution of MaskedGamer. Really.

EDIT: And Venice have the greatest colours short of the Shoshone. :)

This guy has his own Item in LoL o.0

He is playing a pretty big varity of games...

Double Ouch. 3 City states around and he picks the one where he knows there's a barb camp with 3 warriors. And still posts it on Youtube as a playthrough. Ugh. Not enough time on his calendar to redo 20 mins of video?

In all honestly it was considered, but no, there was not enough time. The inclusion of the barbarian attack showed the result of not protecting the Venice special, which is something that hadn't been shown yet. Also, the video was recorded at about 5AM, encoded at 6AM, and uploaded at 7AM. It called for an all-nighter after hearing last minute from PR, with very little sleep as it was.

Top Bottom