frokenstein

Chieftain
Here is the scenario:

Immortal
One city challenge
Egypt is my civ
Archipelago, Duel size, high sea level, standard resources
5 Civs (Egypt(me), China, Sweden, Arabia, Ottomans), 3 CS's

I tried OCC for the first time last week. Won on King level easily, tried Emperor, and won that easily, too. When I tried Immortal, I ran into a fierce adversary named China (my next door neighbor). They attacked me three times during the game. I had the great wall and was able to hold them off the first time (Sweden also attacked me and I had to hold them off, too). The second time, they attacked before dynamite and I held them off again. The last time, I was about 15 turns from a science victory, and they came at me with nukes, death robots, tons of rocket artillery and bombers, and my capital finally fell. It was a very difficult game because I had only 3 oil, no iron, no uranium, and no aluminum (and of course China as a neighbor). I was able to get aluminum from an allied CS but that CS fell when China attacked for the third time. I didn't feel I had any other option but science, but I wonder if there is a way to win culturally on archipelago since you can't place cultural landmarks on water tiles? It has always taken me the longest to win culturally, and they would have had a spaceship well before I would have completed utopia.

Anyways, just wondering if anyone has tried a similar scenario and how they won. Also, as I am apparently bad at diplomacy, I had a couple questions:

1) Does building too many wonders make you more likely to be attacked?
2) Does allying with too many city states make you more likely to be attacked?

If you ally with many city states the other civs are obviously going to demand tribute sooner or later. If you choose you'll pay for this you'll get a diplomatic penalty against that civ which could lead to war.

so allying with every city state isnt safe unless the other civs are far away

Top Bottom