SFA Problem

I was looking at SFA videos and it seems to be a problem: Where is M'Banza Kongo ?

looks like its area on the map is already taken by a portuguese city. maybe it can appear randomly somewhere in the interior of africa and just did not do so in the videos you have seen?

I was looking at SFA videos and it seems to be a problem: Where is M'Banza Kongo ?

City-states (and natural wonders) that are not on the coast might end up in another location when the continent is regenerated ("re-scrambled") at the start of the game. In MadJinn's game the city state of Bornu ended in the Congo, not in Northern Nigeria/Chad. Kilimanjaro might end up in Cameroon.

City-states (and natural wonders) that are not on the coast might end up in another location when the continent is regenerated ("re-scrambled") at the start of the game. In MadJinn's game the city state of Bornu ended in the Congo, not in Northern Nigeria/Chad. Kilimanjaro might end up in Cameroon.

ya but what I'm trying to say is that M'Banza Kongo is not in SFA

i think there was simply no space for it. if you take a look at Belgium starting location (like here in maddjinns video) you can easily see that it just wouldnt fit on the map, unless you would remove Belgium or Portugal's outpost in Luanda.

i think there was simply no space for it. if you take a look at Belgium starting location (like here in maddjinns video) you can easily see that it just wouldnt fit on the map, unless you would remove Belgium or Portugals outpost in Luanda.

I remember in one of the Rev3 videos when he showed us, and Ed Beach showed M'Banza Kongo saying that it was a new city-state for SFA

ya but what I'm trying to say is that M'Banza Kongo is not in SFA

Maybe you're right. This is the list of city states I found on the Civ wikia

City-states in fixed locations:
Mogadishu - Maritime
Zanzibar - Mercantile

City-states in randomized locations:
Bornu - Mercantile
Bunkeya - Militaristic
Luba - Mercantile
Ouagadougou - Mercantile
Segou - Mercantile
Sokoto - Militaristic

Maybe the devs thought M'banza-Kongo was already too much under Portuguese control by 1882 to be worthy to a city-state by itself. It became an official vassal 1988. This might be a bad choice or a mistake by the devs, but I fail to see why this is
a "problem"...
We (well, others...) can always mod it in, probably :lol:

Top Bottom