SWEETFX in CIVILIZATION V

kobol72

Chieftain
Find a way to get rid of texture washout effect and get a sharper and crisper graphics. With this sweetfx mod you can get some really better visual experience playing CIV V - Brave new world ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2MnZIsR2eMY

Link to video.

You can download preset from video description and there you can also find Radeon + Sweetfx tutorial how to use it.

I havent heard anybody been banned for using Sweetfx. Its not cheating using it and it gives you no advantage in games so no problem using it. I have no problem using it even in Diablo, and the Blizzard policy is very tough you know!

I think it's because... well, Civ isn't a game where people care that much about graphics and, honestly, this SweetFX preset... is a bit generic, sharpening a bit doesn't do that much.

And in my opinion, the slightly washed-out textures of Civ5 are okay. The concept art was clearly going for a mix of "miniature landscape" and "landscape painting". Sharpening textures doesn't do much to achieve the effect, it just... looks like a 3D model.

It's great that you like it and that's really what SweetFX is for (customising it to everybody's liking), but this preset isn't for me.

I see no difference between the graphics quality in video and my games without the mod

This preset removes almost entirely texture washout effect. Onetime apply I hornestly cant play the game without it. For those who did not see the difference in the video, I advice them to check for themselves. Because of a youtube compression the difference is hard to catch only from the video. :)

Interesting, didn't know about this one. It makes game look somewhat sharper and colors are brighter. Do you use default settings? I see they have a huge database of games and settings but Civ5 is not there.

Interesting, didn't know about this one. It makes game look somewhat sharper and colors are brighter. Do you use default settings? I see they have a huge database of games and settings but Civ5 is not there.

Its my preset, tuned for CIV.

And for Win 8.1 64bit you have to use Radeonpro and Sweetfx 1.4, because 1.5.1 wont work for you.

Is there a difference between the two? If so, I can't see it.

The trees look a little sharper in the image on the right. Other than that, I don't see any difference. Though, I guess it suffers from the same problem as commercials for TVs with "superior picture quality": If I'm watching the commercial on my crappy TV, then the image of the better TV will still look crappy.

Top Bottom