What triggers Austria to annex a City State?

Zorro 695

Chieftain
I realise she must be Allied for at least 5 turns, but I have played games where Austria never annexed a CS, even when Allied for ever.

Then there are other games when, after finding out that she's even in the game, she's already annexed three City States! (Naughty, naughty, Theresa.)

So what prompts her to Annex?

I realise she must be Allied for at least 5 turns, but I have played games where Austria never annexed a CS, even when Allied for ever.

Then there are other games when, after finding out that she's even in the game, she's already annexed three City States! (Naughty, naughty, Theresa.)

So what prompts her to Annex?

There's a gold cost. No money? No diplomatic marriage.

There's a gold cost. No money? No diplomatic marriage.

Yeah, these people don't just marry her for her good looks, they want something in return. I believe it's 500 + the amount that would be received by disbanding the CS's units.

Sounds like real life!
They're more interested in the size of your bank balance than the size of your (pardon me).

The cost to marry a city state depends upon how many units the city state has.
Note that you have the choice of puppet or annexing immediately, but most of the time, annex now is chosen since there is no resistance. (The puppet is if you are one turn away from a cultural policy or are currently building a national wonder the city state is missing the building for, and so in both cases you would annex it a few turns later.)

Top Bottom