Multiplayer diplomacy bug (steal cities,resources,etc)

emarm2

Chieftain
Hello all,

I am unaware how long this bug has been going on, but it is kind of a game-breaker.

When playing a multiplayer game, and someone offers you a trade, you can change that trade and add all possible resources the other player has, such as luxury resources, cities, gold, etc.

When you hit the "propose", you are able to accept the own deal you just made by opening the trade, gaining all this extra resources/cities by just exploiting the bug.

Of course this is pretty annoying and a game-breaker, since it can basically change the whole game in just a second.

Please proceed with the testing and fixing of this bug, since it is pretty critical for the online community to keep playing.

Thanks

Kind Regards

Hi again,

The issue is still ongoing and as I said before, it is a game breaker on most situations.

Is anyone looking into it for the next patch?

If any further info, explanation, or whatever is needed, please reply to this post as I will check it.

Thank you

The other player has to accept the proposal. AI gets trade raped in diplomacy many times.

The other player has to accept the proposal. AI gets trade raped in diplomacy many times.

Not true. I just had a game ruined by this bug. I offered a standard lux swap deal with another player. After a while I noticed my gold per turn had dropped. Checking current deals, the straight lux deal had become one of his luxes for one lux, gold per turn and several strategics.

When I noticed, I declared war to break this invalid deal. When I offered peace, the deal was accepted and suddenly all of my cities (except capital) now belonged to the other player.

What an awful, game breaking bug this is. amongst many others. But this is by far the worst.

I've no idea what you are talking about as it has nothing to do with AI.....

Is this being addressed as it is a game killer for multiplayers.

to reiterate.....

1) Player A makes a trade offer to Player B

2) Player B modifies the offer on their turn taking everything that the other player has and proposes it.

3) Then BEFORE ending their turn Player B reopens the trade offer but now the "Accept" Button is active and they can confirm the new deal without Player A even knowing.

This ia a serious game fault.

Step 2 and 3 as you describe happened so fast last night, I didn't even see the "counter offer proposed" message, if it even appeared at all...

Step 2 and 3 as you describe happened so fast last night, I didn't even see the "counter offer proposed" message, if it even appeared at all...

That is exactly the problem..... the other player can adjust then accept the new proposal in their own turn...

You never get a "counter offer proposed" message as it has already been accepted......

Multiplayer is dead till it is fixed

Unfortunely 3/10 of the people I've seen in my MultiPlayer games do this. Especially during a peace deal when they know they have lost a city. I suggest you look at the petition thread in the MultiPlayer section, as I am seeing more and more people learn of this terrible bug every day. We have some idiot exploiters ruining these games, and 3/5 of my games today happened because some idiot used the trade exploit bug.

If I can't insult cheaters, then that isn't right... why should they get to ruin games???? :hmm:

I can't believe this has been a known bug for over 7months. What am I missing here? It only works on old versions? How is this possible to last this long? If so, I lost a ton of respect for this game dev team.

Kind of a crappy fix/hack, but I made a patch to remove the "modify" button, which didn't actually send a counter-proposal anyway.

User-side fix(does not stop others from cheating):
Remember to back up the files before overwriting!

Vanilla:
In /GameDirectory/Assets/UI/Ingame/WorldView/SimpleDiploTrade.xml

GaK:
In /GameDirectory/Assets/DLC/Expansion/UI/Ingame/WorldView/SimpleDiploTrade.xml

BNW:
In /GameDirectory/Assets/DLC/Expansion2/UI/Ingame/WorldView/SimpleDiploTrade.xml

replace with relevant attached file(and rename it!)

As soon as i figure out how to make mods, I'll release this in a bugfix(among other fixes) in the steam workshop.

Attachments

• DiplomacyStealFix.7z
    4.5 KB · Views: 78
Hello,
I have looked for an official page for bug reporting and ended up here. I hope it helps to fix it.
I will report a bug that has a devastating effect on Multi Player games. I have tested it many times with different games with my friends on internet and it is definitely software problem that everyone can exploit and is not a computer related bug. There is no need to attach a save game, just enter a MP game and you will see it yourself too.

Me and my friends play Civ 5 on steam with every expansion pack purchased on steam and downloaded on computer. I wont write down the version here, but it is the last version that is available on steam.

I will explain case below that we have tested it many times.

We play the game at simultaneous turns. Player A sends a proposal to player B. There is the waiting proposal (golden world symbol) generated on end turn button for both players. Player B modifies the proposal and sends it again. Then player B clicks on the proposal symbol again. When the proposal window opens, it is the modified by player B version of the original proposal. There is the accept selection button available. Player B accepts the proposal and it OCCURS!!!

Player A didnt accept nor see the modified proposal. Player B has modified the proposal, closed the window, then opened the window again and accepted.

This ruins all multiplayer experience! I have modified the trade deal, stone for sugar, sent by my friend and set all of his gold, resources, cities just for nothing! Then I repeated the procedure mentioned above. All of demands was accepted by ME, not him! Next game we tried to repeat it again and this time he got all my cities without my confirm!

Please check and inform related people about the issue.
Thanks.

This bug has been reported many times and remains unpatched.

Moderator Action: Merged with existing report thread.

wow. cant believe that this bug is nearly 1 year old!
how does dev team doesnt repair it!!!

I am really starting to loose faith in MP Civ..

As I said in the other topic concerning this:
I myself got so annoyed by this bug that I decided to fix it myself :p
I uploaded it to the steam workshop, along with some small instructions on how to install the mod.
It should prevent this glitch from being possible
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile...85&searchtext=

If you like it and get it to work, please rate the mod
Just thought i'd post it in a slightly more recent topic as well :)

Top Bottom