How many hours have you played Civ 5?

Man, there is some big numbers up in here! I've played a grand total of 22 hours, after owning the game for just under a week. If it stays as addicitve as it seems first outing, then I'm in trouble.

Suffice to say, it only gets more addicting. You might be in trouble :goodjob:

Currently at 527 hours. Makes me think I should be able to beat Deity regularly by now...

My average games clock in around 75 to 80 hours, but I only play a couple hours a day on average (okay, I've been known to blow an entire weekend playing it.) I've played four so far and had the game for about 6 months.

For those of us who use Steam, we can see how many hours we have played a certain game.

I have played Civ 5 almost 600 hours now (or 25 days). I am starting to think I have an addiction. But I do still have a full time job and a girlfriend, so it can't be that bad.

I am wondering how many hours you all have played. Have you ever felt like it was too much?

Probably in the 400s (Steam shows over 550 hours logged), and I do not understand how anyone could possibly have played for over 1000. Unless of course, you leave your computer on with Civ5 running in the background, but then that's "how many Steam hours do you have logged" not "how many hours have you played Civ5", which is what the thread is asking (though the OP does perhaps cloud the issue by saying that Steam shows you how long you've played the game for, when in most cases, particularly in a game you can tab in and out of, or walk away from, it doesn't).

I kind of resent the implication that I just start up the game then go do something else to inflate the numbers. Anyone who doesn't think I've spent almost all of my >3600 hours actually playing the game isn't someone who knows me. People who do say things like "Only 3600? Oh, the 1300 in Skyrim probably ate into that" or "Your WoW /played is still way higher".

Do you work? Full time? I really don't understand how people can possibly work 2000 hours in a year. They probably clock in then go shopping, or spend most of the time standing around doing nothing.

Maybe I get a prize...I have sunk 16 hours into G&K.

2814 hours according to Steam. Sure, there were times when I got away from the computer, only because I'm human and have a need for other rooms in the house occasionally. :blush:

soooo, have you beat prince yet ? :king:

I'm currently up to King level. I havn't the patience to do the micromanaging necissary to beat the higher levels. I just play for fun (mostly while watching TV).

... because it says that in the last two weeks I've played 76 hours!! That's impossible. I have a full-time job, and I don't play every day. Certainly not averaging almost 8 hours a day!

I'm trying to change my password on Steam, but steam won't let me; keeps telling me to try again later.

I have about 75 hours. I used some of my Civ III and IV experience on early difficulty levels and moved through those fast but I'm currently stuck on Emperor.. lol

I have no idea since I play Offline and when I play Offline I disconnect from the net so Steam can`t track me. I don`t need my hours or time playing tracked because - INTERFERING.

All I know is that I`ve played it a lot. What the heck does it matter? I`ve played games for about 20 years and I don`t have them all tracked. I don`t need to shout out my hours played and I don`t time them. I just know I play a lot.

Top Bottom