Beaten on Warlord!

Zorro 695

Chieftain
I got beaten! On Warlord!

Oh, the humiliation! :blush:

Usually I only play on Warlord level when I'm game-testing one of my mods. I like the elbow-room to watch how things unfold. It gives the new Civ a chance to flex their wings and utilize their uniques without too much pressure.

By the Industrial Era I'm usually on top of things viz-a-viz the other AI, so I can sit back and watch how my precious 'new creation' is behaving.

From the beginning Cathy (Russia) hated me. I must have done something to tangle her knickers, I don't know. HOSTILE, TAUNTS, advice from other Civs that she had it in for me.

No problem, I thought, I'll deal with her later.

Then she attacks (after destroying Ramky)! I am on the back foot the whole time! Somehow she out-techs me and goes hard, attacking everywhere. It was amazing! This has never happened before on Warlord - I've always been in control before.

I usually quit after Modern Era, either because my pet Civ has done what I wanted or because I need to make a few changes.

This time I played on. So did Cathy. Hammering all the way, eventually destroying me! :cry:

By the way my pet Civ did really well, building 10 cities spread across two continents! That's 4 cities more than I had!

Steam should have achievements for losing on warlotd and chieftain.

Thomas Edison counted all his thousands of failed experiments as successes. "He knows now what doesn't work", is what he said. Kudos from me.

Top Bottom