New NESes, ideas, development, etc

In production. Estimate time 'til launch: 2 days
Players start as Surviors of a shipwreck in the town called "The Town" and can work their way up from there.

NWolfNESII not getting a revive? :(

NWolfNESII not getting a revive? :(

Not yet. Fell out of mood while re-re-remaking the stats... Thought this'd be a good idea. Tho I'm planning to return back to Mithril Isles.

NWolfNES III takes place in different setting.

This world contains mostly "normal" humans. Altho Magic, Alchemy and mythical creatures (werewolves, hydras, unicorns -whateverelseyoulike) are present here. And, of course, the dead. Tech settings is probably like 200 AD with better road network but not large armies nor insane tradition of warfare.

The Lich King semi-religious but PEACEFUL leadership has fallen three decades ago, only to be replaced by much more brutish and demanding order known as "The Guild". Many of the mindless (or semi-mindless) Lich King undead servants still plague the countryside, they form large wandering hordes (varying in size from 5 to 5 000). These hordes destroy villages and siege towns (by simply surrounding them). Whilst not all of the undead are capable of spreading "the Plague", some do and their bites, blood or saliva infect and turn people into similar ravaging monsters.

The guild has done a great job having dispatched in most of The Followers and secured the towns and villages for themselves. They have killed any undead or Follower(of the lich king) they could get their hands on, even, if the undead in questions was sane, reasonable and behaving honorably (many people volunteered to become undead and preserved their memories, got wage and support for their family and lived many hundreds of years needing no "earthly pleasures" and still understanding the world around them like normal people do).

The Guild is present in every city. The Guild takes taxes from everyone. For Everything. The Commanding Officials of the Guild are the Judge, Trial and executioner. If anyone speaks of The Lich King return or badmouths the Guild, he is sentenced to death without a trial. Any knowledge of The Lich King is burned (does not matter if in book form or in living-breathing-talking-human form). Anyone speaking well of the lich king is severely punished.

Since the Fall of the Lich King, who made sure that Kingdoms of Armii would not ever go into war and that no bandits or thieves could roam the countryside, The Der kingdom, and Grasshopper Trade union and their allies of Slavs have already had several wars, which resulted capture of Isle De Shrooms and Metal Island by The Der kingdom and release of "Ivory Islands" from the Trade Union.

There are rumors that in the Great Desert, where Beduin Sultanate dwells, large armies are trained. And less than 10 years ago, Der Kingdom was attacked by the Barbarians of the East. Rumors say that large battles, featuring more than 100 000 participants each have taken place and Der Kingdom has lost many towns and battles to these Barbarian Hordes. But No barbarian of the East has reached the Armii yet, For more than 1 000 years. Ivory Isles also tell tales of the approaching unification of the "Nordmen" - well trained "pirates" from the countless isles in The North, who rather kill themselves than be taken as prisoners. The Nordmen were ruler of Entire Armii more than 1 000 years ago. They then collapsed into internal fighting of many clans, nobles and faction when their leader passed away early left no viable heir. *snip*.

The Town, Newtown, Kingsbridge, Heatador and Pointy End are still unaligned free city states governed by council- other towns present on are commanded by factions named on map. These faction have holdings outside of the map area, but one can't visit them.

But right now, there is peace. But For how long?

Would players play as characters inside of The Town?

DominionNES2 sample stats.

I would propose a stat system in 2 parts: public and private stats.

So this would look like this:
Sample stats:
-----
Public stats:

Nation/Player/Pretender name
Color:
Total population: approximate population numbers (always wrong by several %)
Gold: banked + (income-upkeep)
Faith:
Chaomancy:
Military: Quality/upkeep modifier
Armies: Description of recruitable units (LI light infantry...)
Dominion: Special effect if any
Heroes: Name (location if public)
Projects: Project (progress)

Samplis/NPC/Mrs. Crony
Color: Yellow
Total population: 19000
Gold: 50 + (97-32)
Faith: Weak
Chaomancy: Weak
Military: 1/1
Armies: LI (peltats, slingers) HI (phalangites) LC (horse archers) E (elephants)
Dominion: Better growth rate (+0.001)
Heroes: Mrs Crony (Samplia city), Don Benvenuto (unknown).
Projects: Ciudalia market (30/50)

-----
Private stats:
Heroes: Heroes (very short description) (known spells) (commanded task force)
Leaderless armies and garrisons
Private projects and spells
Notable facts

Heroes:
Mrs Crony (crone) (decay, summon wolves, raise skeletons) (none)
Don Benvenuto (prophet and assassin) (none) (Burlamuerte regiment: 1LI, 1HI, 2E - near Samplia)

Leaderless armies and garrisons:
Samplia city guard(1 HI)

Private projects and spells:
Inquisition order (secretly find and eradicate heretics and priests of other faiths in kingdom) (20/100).

Notable facts:
0% Chaos in owned territory.
Hero Dandelion (1 story so far, available in 2 updates at 1 story/update)
Public stats to be posted in-thread, private stats to be PM'ed or e-mailed.
I'll most likely go email for orders since it's easier to store and there's basically unlimited storage for reference.

Would players play as characters inside of The Town?

The Town is only town I'm going to detail out, players can "move" all over the map freely and, should they want to, do some jobs/deals/whatever with factions outside of this map (The Northmen for an example), but they would have to return onto map (can't stay in Northmen lands because your head would explode :nuke:) on second turn.

LDiCesare

Seems very interesting, altho making both public and private stats is probably too much work. Even Immac did not do so much, did he?

I like, LDi. Northen wolf too.

I would look forward to playing in that NES, LDi.

Seems very interesting, altho making both public and private stats is probably too much work. Even Immac did not do so much, did he?
Private stats are needed in order to hide troops placement, which I believe is important since one turn will be about one year. It also makes intelligence gathering more interesting.
Public stats are there to make things simpler, in order to provide some information to other players. Most of these won't change much anyway. Only gold, population and project are likely to change every turn. Magic levels will progress more slowly, and unit types won't change often, if at all.
Private stats will be a different matter, but considering the amount of information I will be sending, I'm confident I can cope with it. Armies will be grouped in task forces, so you can't have tons of them here and there on the map. Garrisons can exist, but keeping troops without a hero to lead them somewhere is going to be expensive in upkeep and likely not very efficient unless you really expect an attack. so I don't expect that many. More importantly, it's going to be much much smaller than what I used to have in my previous NES (due to not as many magic items in particular). I can't (be bothered to) get a table format display correctly in the forum, but it ended up looking like the following, and even then Kyzarc's nation wasn't the worst in terms of content. Immac had more stuff, and Seon managed to get an even wider variety. (And this is just the part shown to the players about their units...)
Spoiler :

Unit Province Number Category Unitary Upkeep Upkeep Unitary research Research Magic items treasury

Wizard-priest W2ESNA Arshnoc 3 Standing 8 24 4 12 3 pendants of luck, 3 boots of the messenger, 1 amulet of antimagic, 1 mind control amulet
Wizard SEAFWN Arshnoc 3 Standing 8 24 4 12
Celestial Hounds Arshnoc 4 Magic 0 0
Wizard (illusionist) A1 Arshnoc 1 Standing 8 8 4 4 1 Hidden (cloak of invisibility)
Light cavalry (mongolian horsemen) Arshnoc 5 Standing 6 30 0 0
Demons of celestial fires Arshnoc 1 Magic 0 0 0 0
Kathnesjac S2W Arshnoc 1 Hero 4 4 0 0
Wizard SEAFWN Arshnoc 5 Standing 8 40 4 20

Priest Baikal 1 Standing 4 4 0 0
0 0
Wizard-priest W2ESNA Seul 1 Standing 8 8 4 4
Priest Seul 1 Standing 4 4 0 0
0 0
Wizard SEAFWN Caelum 9 Standing 8 72 4 36 2 cauldrons of broth (+3 food each)
Wizard-priest W2ESNA Caelum 10 Standing 8 80 4 40 3 pendants of luck
Stheran AWN2S2E Caelum 1 Pretender 0 0 7 7 6 eyebooks
Kithaironic lions Caelum 6 Magic 0 0 0 0
Celestial Soldiers Caelum 5 Magic 0 0 4 fire brands, 4 charcoal shields, 4 boots of the messenger, 4 pendants of luck, 4 hydraskin armors, 4 amulets of missile protection
Wizard (uba) DWEN Caelum 1 Standing 8 8 4 4
Aara N2E Caelum 1 Hero 4 4 0 0 Lure of the Treants (summons a few ents/plant beings at start of battle)
Porcelain Soldiers Caelum 9 Magic 0 0
0 0
Priest Ural 1 Standing 4 4 0 0
0 0
Navy Central ocean near Arshnoc 9 Standing 8 72 0 0
0 0
Vingilot (flying ship – carrying capacity: 4 units) T'ien Chi 1 Magic 0 0 0 0
0 0
Priest T'ien Chi 5 Standing 4 20 0 0 2 cauldrons of broth (+3 food each)
Light infantry (archers) T'ien Chi 2 Standing 4 8 0 0
Heavy infantry (archers) T'ien Chi 1 Standing 6 6 0 0
Heavy infantry (archers) T'ien Chi 3 Conscripts 6 18 0 0
Tigers T'ien Chi 1 Magic 0 0
Porcelain Soldiers T'ien Chi 18 Magic 0 0
Celestial Soldiers T'ien Chi 10 Magic 0 0 14 fire brands, 16 charcoal shields, 14 boots of the messenger, 7 weightless scale mails, 9 frost rings, 21 pendants of luck, 1 Elemental sword (speed, + attack, armor negating, magic resistance, reinvigoration, air shield, partial elemental resistance (all elements + poison)), 18 thunder bows, 3 horror helmets, 6 black steel helmets, 7 hydraskin armors, 5 burning pearls
Wizard (illusionist) A1 T'ien Chi 1 Standing 8 8 4 4 1 Herculean bow (poisonous+accurate+long ranged)
Celestial Hounds T'ien Chi 8 Magic 0 0 0 0

Monk(Assassin) Man Ch'i 4 Standing 4 16 0 0

72 2 owl quills (+1 rp),
3 lightless lanterns (+2 rp),
1 Crown of the Emperor (+4 rp)
philosophers' stone
the Forbidden Light
Void shield (bonus mr, weightless, high protection)
Air and Sea Helmet (air shield, + defense + prot)
Nature boots (regen + reinvig)
Luck (amulet: luck + mr)
Ground armor(weightless, best protection, full 1)fire and shock resistance)

2 fire booster
1 astral booster
3 earth booster
3 air booster
2 nature booster
2 water booster
1 death booster

@Nutra: finally a NES which rewards you for being brutally mean most of the time 8D

Well generating 'fear' (I forgot to add the fear stat) is not just based off of brutal subjugation! As you pointed out, thomas, subterfuge is a great way to be just as—if not moreso—viable.

Yes, but sometimes, you just can't find out good information about something without ordering the brutal deaths of 3/4 of the people of the town.

Guys I'm still dedicated to restarting my NES(es) but there is something else I want to discuss. I'm trying to build a portfolio of creative work, and wonder if this can be combined with NESing. I'm thinking of a LifeNES illustrated by 3D graphics, that may only run for a few updates. Examples below:

Link to video.

Any thoughts???

Maybe, if you're going for interesting creatures, the traditional format of a life NES (starting out with very primitive creatures) wouldn't work as well...

I'd like to start simple, so I can evolve my graphics along with the lifeforms :)

Fair enough! But if it's going to be graphics intensive you're going to have to find some way to limit the number of submissions. Or maybe limit your animations to one of the many submissions per turn? Or several of the many, I have no idea how long one of those takes for you...

Spoiler :
Player
Nation
Government - leader(s)
Factions: 1-9 / 1-9 / 1-9
Faction 1 - size/confidence/power
Faction 2 - size/confidence/power
Faction 3 - size/confidence/power
Faction 4 - size/confidence/power
Faction 5 - size/confidence/power
etc

Income:

Tax Rate:
Taxation:

Expenses:

National:
Administrative:

Military:
Maintenance:
Wages:

--

Armies:

Army Name: Leader
Experience:
Units within:
Resource modifiers:
Wages:

Navies:

Fleet Name: Leader
Experience:
Units within:
Resource modifiers:
Wages:

Spoiler :
Player - The player.

Nation - The nation's name.

Government - Leader(s) - The type of government (which affects how you interact with your Factions and other nations) and the leader, the person you actually roleplay as.

Factions - Stability is largely reflected in this stat as well, on a micro-management scale. Factions represent basically everybody that is in your nation. Stay on their good side. Size represents the population of the faction. Confidence represents their confidence in themselves. Power represents either what influence over other factions they hold, their collective wealth, or their military might. The larger, more confident, more powerful factions you have in your nation, the more unstable it is.

Income: - The total income of your nation. Subtract expenses from this for your spending amount.

Tax Rate: - Tax rates are as follows. None - Low - High - Cruel. Each squeezes/strongarms a certain amount of income out of your population, and has equivalent confidence effects on your factions.

Taxation: - The amount actually extracted by your Tax Rates.

Expenses: - The total expenses of your nation. Subtract this from Income for your spending amount.

National - This is nation-wide expenses, including infrastructure, maintenance of government buildings, etc.
Administrative: - This is the amount you have to pay your officials to keep things calm in the various settlements of your nation. This is highly affeted by government type.

Military: - The collective expenses of your Military maintenance.

Maintenance: - The amount required each (turn) to keep your city walls and other defensive fortifications sound and in working order. Neglect this, neglect your future. Poorly funded or over funded military maintenance affects the confidence levels of your factions.

Wages: - The amount required each (turn) to pay your employed soldiers and other misc. military expenses. Neglect this, and neglect your future. Poorly funded or over funded military wages affects the various levels of your factions.

Armies:

Army Name: Leader - The name of the army and the current general leading it. A good general inspires confidence in his soldiers.

Experience: - The experience that the army has. The more it has, the better it performs. In this way, it is better to keep armies intact longer, and not break them up.

Units within: - The units that compromise the army.

Resource modifiers: - The resources attached to an army reflect its composition, abilities, confidence, etc.

Wages: - The total combined cost for all of the units (and the leader of) the army.

Navies: See above.

Fleet Name: Leader
Experience:
Units within:
Resource modifiers:
Wages:

A brief (but usually after I write the 'brief' info I never get around to filling it out..) glimpse into the stats of my upcoming NES.

Any questions, suggestions, passing comments?

Afterthought: The stats look big (which had been my downfall my last nation-NES attempt) but they are not. Armies Realllly simplify it, and the factions are kind of intuitive and add a lot to the roleplay aspect of it, pleasing your people and all that.

Top Bottom