CIV Gold!

Shqype said:
We also encourage modmakers to use this civpack in their mods. If you are creating a mod with new gameplay changes/tweaks, a few more civilizations certainly wouldn't hurt! Feel free to integrate this civpack into your own mod to give users more of a choice. We simply ask that you give credit to the CIV Gold Team (Sevo, Shqype, Wyz_sub10) and to the respective original authors.

After some more thought, I have decided to continue with my modpack and, with full credit to your team, would like to add 4 or 5 civs from your mod as well as a few more of my own creation. As per the quote, I hope that is okay.

PS: How did you attach the axe to Ragnar? very cool :goodjob:

Shqype
I offer my meager modding skills to the task. Unfortunatly, they are quite meager. But i am useful as a lacky, if you point me to the right files, and tell me what you want done. I can muddle my way through XML and Python and hack away at it and maybe do some grunt work for you. Heck, if i can't figure it out, my wife is the real progrrammer in XML, Python Java, C++, Oracle, VBA, etc. and on and on...i could always ask nicely, she plays just as much as me :)

DROGEAR

WINZIP, WINACE, and WINRAR, can be downloaded from numerous sights and they are freeware versions....no trial dates. Did you try Tu-cows? or CDNET?
Just an FYI.

xprment626 said:
Shqype
I offer my meager modding skills to the task. Unfortunatly, they are quite meager. But i am useful as a lacky, if you point me to the right files, and tell me what you want done. I can muddle my way through XML and Python and hack away at it and maybe do some grunt work for you. Heck, if i can't figure it out, my wife is the real progrrammer in XML, Python Java, C++, Oracle, VBA, etc. and on and on...i could always ask nicely, she plays just as much as me :)
Thanks for the offer but right now Wyz_sub10, Sevo, and I have pretty much everything under control. Should we need any help programatically speaking, we know we could turn to you :)

What we could use help with is thoughts and comments. We'd like to know what you think of the civpack, and how we can improve it. If it's not too much to ask, would you (and your wife) mind playtesting the civilizations in multiplayer games, perhaps? That way you can test out the UUs and let us know if any are unbalanced, underpowered, overpowered, etc. That would help us out :)

Amra said:
Wyz_sub10,

Did you see this Zulu mod with an animated head posted by Mattastic back in January? I just now noticed it and apparently he figured out the animation swapping a while back. And here, I thought I was onto something :rolleyes:

Anyway, did you do that for any of the civs in your mod? It's a pain in the a$$ trial and error wise but I thought in the end that it made the reskinned LH's not seem so familiar.

I'm hoping to do some more LH reskinning sometime soon when I can find the time but I've got a wife & kids, taxes to do and numerous projects to get to what with Spring arriving. I think my wife is probably about ready to divorce me after spending the last month working on the computer with my mod, but I'd be happy to help if I can.

I did in fact swap some of the animations, and you're right, it is a pain in the butt. You get some pretty weird effects sometimes! But I agree with you that it does help make them less similar. Rabbit, White started a thread describing a .nif editor that I used to change proportions of a lot of the leaderheads as well, which helped a bit.

Amra said:
After some more thought, I have decided to continue with my modpack and, with full credit to your team, would like to add 4 or 5 civs from your mod as well as a few more of my own creation. As per the quote, I hope that is okay.

PS: How did you attach the axe to Ragnar? very cool :goodjob:

Thanks. Again, Rabbit, White described a method to transfer weapons between units. It was only a small leap from there to the leaderheads, which are essentially big "unit" files. I tried for about 4 hours to transfer some objects between leaderheads: Mansa Musa's crown, for example, to Julius Caesar, and many of the other detachables. Unfortunately the .nif editor is not *entirely* stable and would crash on me whenever I attempted stuff like that. With more trial and error I figured out I could take small, relatively simple objects and move them into the leaderhead files, and I did the few objects you see in the mod.

I'm glad to hear you'll be continuing your own leaderhead project! Everyone pushes the envelope in their own way, and the gains some of us make down one road are then used by another modder in a new direction...and so forth. I know the crew here is going to be working on adding more civs and as we approach that project we'll need all the help we can get...

Also, there's no picture with all the leaderheads yet, so I'm posting one below:

Shqype, and Sevo for that matter.

In order to do it justice we will have to play it for awhile. To be honest we were waiting for SEVO's ver 3.0 to come out and just do a mass incorporation of the two mods. We have been playing his ver 1.0 for some time now and i just recently discovered that ver 3.0 is coming!!! After we get some time in with the civs i will let you know, but my vid card is down (an incident with a hair dryer, cheese, and an obnoxious ATI 9800...messy, very mesy!)

On a side note, i would like to state again my enthusiasm for 2 UUs, and for spreading them over the ages.

A thought occured and i'm not sure if it is feasible, but what about a UU tied to a technology advance rather than a Civ? Say for example, the first to discover Fission, is granted the UU Atomic Bomb. The discoverer then would have sole possesion of that UU type, unless someone stole it with a spy (the plans), or traded it away.
And while we are on the subject of trading, how about the ability to trade construction rights to said specific UU. It happens all the time with allies in the real world. We "license" another country (ally) to construct F-16s for their own use. I am thinking we would need to tie the UU prerequisit (technology) to some sort of resource variable (plans). Heck, then we could license the construction of said F-16 for 10 turns and renegotiate their construction again later, it would be a hell of a barganing chip.
I license M1-Tank (American UU) to England for 10 turns!! (Crank out as many as you can!!)

Great work, just have a few questions on leaderheads.

Neither of the edited Gandhis have their facepaint or black skin in the Civilopedia, the van Orange FDR is really dark with a lighter bar across his eyes, and one of the edited Kublai's has a greenish tint to his skin that looks like facepaint, I think it was Menalik's... is this just problems with my graphics stuff?

DonStamos said:
Great work, just have a few questions on leaderheads.

Neither of the edited Gandhis have their facepaint or black skin in the Civilopedia, the van Orange FDR is really dark with a lighter bar across his eyes, and one of the edited Kublai's has a greenish tint to his skin that looks like facepaint, I think it was Menalik's... is this just problems with my graphics stuff?
Yes, it is your graphics card.

I figured that was the case, it's not a biggie I just noticed they looked different than their icons.

OK now I’m somewhat embaraced... Plz explain how I use winrar to extract the file? I tried all the techniques I know but with no success... Perhaps I got a old winrar version?

I simply get an error message all the times trying to open the file, tried both winzip and winrar.

Drogear said:
OK now I’m somewhat embaraced... Plz explain how I use winrar to extract the file? I tried all the techniques I know but with no success... Perhaps I got a old winrar version?

I simply get an error message all the times trying to open the file, tried both winzip and winrar.

Actually i had the same problem Drog...I typed in .7z file extension in my internet explorer and found the ZIP program 7Z. Just go to their website and use their extractor. I then extracted the file into My documents/my game/mods/ . Started the game and worked perfectly.

Sorry if this is difficult. The compression 7-zip offered compared to winzip was far superior, so I chose the former. If you check on the first post of this thread you will see there is a link to 2 programs that can be used to extract the file.

Thanks for a great mod guys. I was wondering if it possible to put these civs into existing mods (like sevomod) easily by simply copying files over or does there need to be some intense programming going on? P.S. is there an eta on sevomod 3 and what are your fave mods?

Fozza said:
Thanks for a great mod guys. I was wondering if it possible to put these civs into existing mods (like sevomod) easily by simply copying files over or does there need to be some intense programming going on? P.S. is there an eta on sevomod 3 and what are your fave mods?

Integrating 2 mods (like Gold + Sevo) usually takes some XML editing because chances are that files will overlap. Luckily Sevo will be doing this for his mod, although you'd have to look in that thread for an ETA.

As for my fav mods, I have to admit that I haven't played any. I spend more time making mods for CIV IV than playing the damn thing. :)

I was eager to play Sevo's mod but I didn't like the extra civs. That's what prompted me to get this ball rolling. So that will definitely be one mod I play when it's good to go.

Top Bottom