CIV Gold!

Rocco Suffredi said:
Hi, just a question.
I updated to 1.61 and installed civ gold mod, but when I start the mod I miss all text. There is no text like start game or multiplayer or leave game. but it is still possible to start a game when I click at the place where start game should stay. Also in the game I miss any text. So you see it's very hard to play under these circumstances. For your information I use the german civ4 version. Could this be the problem?

It might be. The problem you're describing comes from an "alignment" issue. If you install a new mod over an old version, this definitely happens. I'm not sure about foreign language versions.

Unfortunately, I have no way to test this. My guess is that it is because of the German language version. But why specifically? I don't know. I'm trying to think of what the specific cause was last time I had this happen to me.

This is a problem with the v1.61 patch. Try this:

Do a clean install (re-install CIV4 and then re-install the v1.61 patch). After that, install CIV Gold 1.1 and give it a run. It should work.

PS - try the English version and tell us what happens...

Should I uninstall the old civGold mod before I install the updated civGold? If so, how do I go about uninstalling it?

Wyz_sub10 said:
Are you patched to 1.61? In the latest patch, Communism is changed to Utopia in the reference file, Three Gorges is changed to Great Dam and Forbidden Palace is changed to Great Palace.

They all show up in the game as Communism, etc., but in the XML reference files they are listed as above. That's a change made by Firaxis, not this mod.

Sorry about this - my mistake. :mischief:
Seems I had some old files lying around.

\Skodkim

flyerec said:
Should I uninstall the old civGold mod before I install the updated civGold? If so, how do I go about uninstalling it?

Yes. Simply go to your 'Mods' directory, find the folder called 'CIV Gold' and delete it.

Shqype said:
This is a problem with the v1.61 patch. Try this:

Do a clean install (re-install CIV4 and then re-install the v1.61 patch). After that, install CIV Gold 1.1 and give it a run. It should work.

PS - try the English version and tell us what happens...

I did as you say. I first installed the german version and it didn't work. After that I tried the english version and now the mod runs. Seems to be a problem with the german language.

Rocco Suffredi said:
I did as you say. I first installed the german version and it didn't work. After that I tried the english version and now the mod runs. Seems to be a problem with the german language.
Sorry about that. Until we can figure out the problem, would you mind using the English version?

Shqype said:
Sorry about that. Until we can figure out the problem, would you mind using the English version?

I think I will use the english version. Will help me to improve my english :D
I want to thank you for this awsome mod and for your help. Great job.

Does this mod change the game mechanics? It looks good and I can't wait to try the Scottish and Canadian Empires but i'm not interested if it changes the mechanics. I love the way this game plays out of the box.

No, it doesn't change any game mechanics, all it does is add much more flavor to the mod by providing more civilization choices with new leaders and UUs. It's a mod of flavor, not of gameplay changes :)

when ever I try to dl from 3ddownloads, I get the following message

File Not Found TeleFragged

We're sorry, but the file or directory you requested could not be found.

Chances are that the URL you used to get to 3D Downloads was incorrect or old, and that the file you wanted has moved or was deleted.

Heh Robert the Bruce looks like a lumberjack

lazy man's question... i already have ver1.0 and don't want to download the whole 1.1 file: i'm on a work computer and i think the boss would go :eek: :mad: ).
is there a quick 1.0 to 1.1 patch possible?

Not really. We've changed a few of the leaderheads, so the XML files would point to the wrong locations.

If you just want to get your current version to work with 1.61, simply do the following:

- edit Civ4ArtDefinesLeaderhead - change all "MAO_ZEDONG" to "CHINESE_LEADER"
- edit Civ4CivilizationInfos - change all "MAO_ZEDONG" to "CHINESE_LEADER"
- edit Civ4LeaderheadInfos - change all "MAO_ZEDONG" to "CHINESE_LEADER"
- edit Civ4UnitInfos - change "FORBIDDEN_PALACE" to "GREAT_PALACE"; "THREE_GORGES_DAM" to "GREAT_DAM"; and "TECH_COMMUNISM" to "TECH_UTOPIA"

I have no idea if this is related to the mod or not, but ever since I downloaded the updated civ-gold mod, whenever I enter the world builder and use the diplomacy feature the window that pops up. The one that contains all the leaders and civilizations, it appears normal at first, but if I change the dropdown box to a different leader the whole diplomacy window stretches out, as if it suddenly shifted to a wide screen fit. Once I exit the diplomacy feature and reopen it goes back to normal, but if I change the civilizations it again stretches out. It’s very weird.

flyerec said:
I have no idea if this is related to the mod or not, but ever since I downloaded the updated civ-gold mod, whenever I enter the world builder and use the diplomacy feature the window that pops up. The one that contains all the leaders and civilizations, it appears normal at first, but if I change the dropdown box to a different leader the whole diplomacy window stretches out, as if it suddenly shifted to a wide screen fit. Once I exit the diplomacy feature and reopen it goes back to normal, but if I change the civilizations it again stretches out. It’s very weird.

I'll check it out and see what happens. Give me a day or two please.

sure, its not urgent. I wasn't sure if it was a problem that was related to the civgold mod or the new patch. Has anyone else experienced this?

Top Bottom