Current (SVN) development discussion thread

You should make a fake civ that spawns in 2020 (or whatever the last date is) for people to run and test. You could see how civs expanded and when they collapsed.

So now when a religion spreads to a city with pagan temple, the temple will simply be destroyed.

You should make a fake civ that spawns in 2020 (or whatever the last date is) for people to run and test. You could see how civs expanded and when they collapsed.

I really agree with this.

This could be the debug civ, essentially.
Make the leaderhead for this civ, Sid Meier.

I really agree with this.

This could be the debug civ, essentially.
Make the leaderhead for this civ, Sid Meier.

why not just add a auto-play feature. I know theres some mod somewhere that did something where you could just leave your civ on autoplay and start playing on a later date. Making a new civ would be tiresome and it wont have any additional benifits. Implementing this, I think would have multiple benefits

@Leoreth

China has only one settler in 600AD in the latest SVN,maybe it's nearly impossible to complete the UHV even in Monarch

and the diplomacy music of Afonso,Maria,Naresuan,Cavour and so on can't be played normally

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0406.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0406.JPG
    80.2 KB · Views: 74
In the SVN update the maps seem to be updated as well. Or I might be mistaken. Also did you fix the bug with the Great Sphinx?
That effect is gone, Sphinx now allows great works for prophets, and Borobudur has its old effect again. Sorry, I forgot to add this to the changelog.

So now when a religion spreads to a city with pagan temple, the temple will simply be destroyed.
That sucks. No more half-free Temples for Rome, Russia, China and many others. :-(
You still get one if it's your state religion. So it's mainly a decision between free temple cheese and Pantheon cheese ;)

I don't think I'll change that, for reasons already mentioned.

You still get one if it's your state religion. So it's mainly a decision between free temple cheese and Pantheon cheese ;)
I tried Spain in 600 AD start. Obviously I have Catholicism as state religion, but the spread of Catholicism still destroys pagan temples (and does not build new ones).

I tried Spain in 600 AD start. Obviously I have Catholicism as state religion, but the spread of Catholicism still destroys pagan temples (and does not build new ones).
Oh, then there's something wrong with the code.

What reasons mentiond where? All i can see is acknoweladgment.
For the Maya perhaps, but people also mentioned France. And I don't want civs like France or Spain to benefit from it. Also, City States is there to encourage you to settle closely, and that effect gets lost with such a long distance.

Playing as the Maya i realized that the city state civic is worthless for my city setup
Spoiler :

All my cities lie out of the capital's third circle. All of them are founded 3 squares from the capital and are indeed overlaping. Now the civilization called "Mayan City-states" can't actualy benefit from city states:p

Therefor i suggest that the city state radius affect all cities founded in the green radius. I doubt it will significantly increase the civic power, as it will be switched out regardless.
Edit: For clarification
- The red line indicates the third circle around my capital.
- The green lina shows suggested area of effect.
- The numbers are there to show the actual distance from capital.

Solution, move your capital 1-2E, after all that is where the actual capital is.

I think Mongolia might need another nerf.
I fired up an American 3000BC start on SVN for the first time and
they stretched from Transoxiana to Corea and looked relatively stable.

Also, there was Orthodoxy in Philadelphia.

I think Mongolia might need another nerf.
I fired up an American 3000BC start on SVN for the first time and
they stretched from Transoxiana to Corea and looked relatively stable.

Also, there was Orthodoxy in Philadelphia.

I think that's due to their incredible tech speed. It should be nerfed.

:yup:

Greeks have founded Miletos - 1s of the Anatolian sheep - in my last three games now, instead of Byzantion, is that WAD?? I can understand if we for some reason want to avoid them founding Byzantion, but Miletos with just the first border pop means it wont get founded at all.

Not really, I don't know what triggered this change in behavior, and I didn't think it was all that common as well.

Top Bottom