Modding Civ I - Unlimited Civ re-spawn

darkpanda

Dark Prince
kirkham7 triggered this whole thing in this thread: the patch below bypasses the check done by CIV that a Civ has already re-spawned once, basically enabling unlimited re-spawns!

Well not really unlimited because there are other limitations on Civ re-spawns (see kirkham7's thread above), but still, when the French and the German are destroyed, the French will now pop again :)

Here is the patch:
Code:
offsets:
  [B]EN 47401[/B]: 0x30449
  [B]EN 47403[/B]: 0x2FC4E
  [B]EN 47404[/B]: 0x2FC4E
  [B]EN 47405[/B]: 0x3044E
  [B]EN 47501[/B]: 0x30449
  [B]FR 47405[/B]: 0x3184E

original bytes: [COLOR="Red"]74 [/COLOR]3E 8B 5E 06
 patched bytes: [B][COLOR="Blue"]EB [/COLOR][/B]3E 8B 5E 06

Enjoy!

How does this affect the replay? Will it just pick each civ once? If so, which time will be recorded for their defeat? The last one?

How does this affect the replay? Will it just pick each civ once? If so, which time will be recorded for their defeat? The last one?

As far as I know, CIV will pick each Civ as many times as it is destroyed (it must be so, if only to support twice-dead Civs that are re-spawned by a Schism when captuing a big Civ's capital), and for this I guess it looks at the Replay data, so there may be discrepancies between the actual Civ killed and the one listed by Replay/Hall of Shame.

I haven't tried this yet, but if your civ is destroyed, could you respawn as a new civ with this?

Without checking the details, my guess would be that no you can't: from my memory, CIV has pieces of code all over the place to check that the human player is alive... But I may be wrong, I need to check (and in addition, it could actually be hacked to make you re-spawn when destroyed...)

Top Bottom