Civ 1 Remake

Blood Lust

Chieftain
Hi All

Does anybody know of a civilization remake (original)? I have most of the games in the series abut none were as good as the first. While the graphics always improves the playability and addictability seems to have declined from release to release.

I like the simplicity of the graphics and the non-isometric map in the orginal. It just needs more than 7 players, bigger maps and more technologies. Does anybody know of a petition to make them remake civ 1?

You may want to look this way: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=503391

There's no "official" petition that I know of, but just like Theov says, I guess that Civ 2, 3, 4 or 5 are exactly what they wanted to do as "sequels" of Civ 1, so I don't see why they would do a remake of the original one... Especially since all those versions have much bigger player communities in their own right.

there was a civ2 source petition years ago but it was lost. many were disappointed by how civ3 turned out. It would be equally difficult to obtain civ1 source, so it's just better to make a similar game yourself with say gamemaker. For that you need some programming skills and above all determination

What I wouldn't do to get my hands on the original source code for civ :)

I suppose Firaxis owns the rights these days. I wish they would release it like id software always releases the source code of their older games.

hmm, i played alot of civ1 back in 1992-94, i was 12 years old and civ was my first 4x game and even one of my first computer games.
in 96 i turned 16 and lsot interst in gaming for some years.

it must have been in 2004 or 5 that i rediscovered the civ series and i was absolutely pleased with how civ 3 was.
It was a very good sequel in my book, and i would be most interested in how civ3 is inferior to civ1 in other peoples opinoins

greetings

hmm, i played alot of civ1 back in 1992-94, i was 12 years old and civ was my first 4x game and even one of my first computer games.
in 96 i turned 16 and lsot interst in gaming for some years.

it must have been in 2004 or 5 that i rediscovered the civ series and i was absolutely pleased with how civ 3 was.
It was a very good sequel in my book, and i would be most interested in how civ3 is inferior to civ1 in other peoples opinoins

greetings
I dunno. I couldn't say Civ3 is inferior.

The games are ages apart in computer technology.

Where Civ1 plays like a one-evening board game; Civ3 plays more like a story, like reading a book.
Although I play Civ3 in the style of Civ1: build cities -> make armies -> find and kill opponent. I don't pay much attention to culture or that diplomacy stuff.

I dunno. I couldn't say Civ3 is inferior.

Where Civ1 plays like a one-evening board game; Civ3 plays more like a story, like reading a book.

Fully agree with you. Civ I was a great achievement when it came out, it sure was one of the most brilliant and innovative games ever released. But Civ III has a much improved and much more reasonable AI, I also like the vastly increaed number of nations you can have on the map - and it looks much nicer. Also Civ I can be very easily abused and exploited and it's also not that difficult to reach city, unit or other game limits with silly or nasty effects. So Civ I will always have a special place in my memory for beeing the first, but still the sequels (up to Civ IV at least) - while staying true to the brilliant original idea - for me generally are the better games in many ways.

Top Bottom