[MOD] Fall from Heaven II

I got a good suggestion for the settlements, everytime it gains a population point, we can build some stuff in that settlement, for example, at population 1, we can build a obelisk and granery, at level 2, we can build the barracks, herbary, and other buildings. If the population continue to go higher then 10, that settlements become a city. This will be useful and i think this will add a challange if you add this to all other countrys.

thealien_83 said:
This might not technically be the right place to ask this, but answers tend to be fast and efficient here, so I figured I'd pop the question here all the same. I initiated a new friend into the wonderful brotherhood of FFH players, but we rather quickly ran into a weird problem on his behalf.
It seems that he can't see any worker improvements except road (or rather, he couldn't see irrigation, we never did play a game very far so we don't know about other improvements) nor does he see any resources whatsoever. And I mean that not as in "He was out of luck and didn't get any resources", when you push the resources button-thingy that points out resources it shows plenty, but none of them show up graphically for him. Insofar as I can tell his graphic settings seem to be the same as mine, and I have no problems seeing everything as I should, so I have no idea what could be the problem.

Picture attached to try and show the weirdness.

Any takers?

Cheers.

I have never seen it.

I have heard people using cracked version of civ4 have a similar problem.

Do resources show up normaly in vanilla civ?
What is his computer like?
My friend has same problem in vanilla civ, most resources dont show up, and animal resources are just shadows. In addition, some FfH units such as skeletons only appear as 'added parts' (skull, weapon, chest bones) but game plays normaly.
Last thing I can think of, clear CustomAssets directory, it causes all kinds of weird problems.
BTW what did that chatlog said? ;-)

TheJopa said:
Do resources show up normaly in vanilla civ?
What is his computer like?
My friend has same problem in vanilla civ, most resources dont show up, and animal resources are just shadows. In addition, some FfH units such as skeletons only appear as 'added parts' (skull, weapon, chest bones) but game plays normaly.
Last thing I can think of, clear CustomAssets directory, it causes all kinds of weird problems.
BTW what did that chatlog said? ;-)

Okay, I've recommended him to do the following in this order; Check if resources turn up as they should in vanilla Civ IV, clear CustomAssets, reinstall the game. Other than that I'm out of ideas. I haven't gotten ahold of him yet so I don't know the answers, but I'll post them here as soon as I can.

And the chatlog is him saying "I seriously can't stand playing like this :p" basically. ;) So there ya go.

Cheers!

thealien_83 said:
Okay, I've recommended him to do the following in this order; Check if resources turn up as they should in vanilla Civ IV, clear CustomAssets, reinstall the game. Other than that I'm out of ideas. I haven't gotten ahold of him yet so I don't know the answers, but I'll post them here as soon as I can.

And the chatlog is him saying "I seriously can't stand playing like this :p" basically. ;) So there ya go.

Cheers!
Also install latest patch...

Just wondering, i have played the last two games now with the "NO RAZING" checked, the regular units do not raze, but the Infernal always raze each settlement/town. Is that just norm for the Infernal?

I need some help...how do I have Civs 4 (this mod and original game) in a smaller window then full screen?

strategyonly, Towns cant be razed. they can only be pillaged. So maybe its just an anomaly that "normal units" dont pillage.

TheJopa said:
Reinstal mod before reinstalling entire civ... ;)
(Thats funny language, is it similar to Norwegian?)

Hehe, yeah. And it's swedish, so yes, pretty similar to Norwegian. Norwegian sounds pretty hokey to us, but by and large we can understand it, so they're similar enough. *nods*

Cheers!

strategyonly said:
Just wondering, i have played the last two games now with the "NO RAZING" checked, the regular units do not raze, but the Infernal always raze each settlement/town. Is that just norm for the Infernal?

If you by "town" mean a city, as in what your Settlers found, which I assume you do, then yes, it is the norm for the Infernal. Infernal and Clan of Embers have the "Scorched Earth" leader trait, which causes them to auto-raze any city they capture. And I assume that might override the "No Razing" setting.

Cheers!

strategyonly said:

Yes, the infernals and the clan always raze cities.

Oops, thealien beat me to it.

PeterW78 said:
I need some help...how do I have Civs 4 (this mod and original game) in a smaller window then full screen?
There is a line in the civ4.ini file. A link to that file can be found in the game-directory (as it links to the current user profile).
Somewhere there is a line for fullscreen-mode. I cannot check the exact name now but it is quite well documented.

Look into the options (ingame). There you'll find a box you can toogle for fullscreen yes/no, and a drop down for the screen resolution.

I am playing a game as tasunke of the hippus, it is great! In one of my ffh1 games I had a unit get to 100xp and then it couldn't get any more.:sad: I don't know if that is only in your mod or if that happens in the normal game to (Because I havent got close to 100xp in the normal game). Anyway, in the game I am playing now I got a unit to 100xp. But he countinues to get 1xp from each battle because I have the raider specialty. Right now he is at a 153xp. I would like it better if my units could continue to get lots of XP. Other then that it is awsome! Thanks for such a great mod.:goodjob:

Kael said:
Yes, the infernals and the clan always raze cities.

Oops, thealien beat me to it.

Yes, fear my mad l33t skillz and lack of better things to be spending my time on. :p
No, but seriously. I clutter up this thread enough with my own inane ramblings and questions that I figure the least I can do is try and help to clear up the simple ones myself where I can. ;)

And on a totally irrelevant and unrelated side-note, Barnaxus is totally insane. It recently struck me when playing my Luchuirp game that between Combat V Barnaxus and a healthy dose of Gridlines buildings, my cities are defended by Strength 26,5 units. -26- ! And that's only if they bombard the city to 0% defense! (an unlikely event at best when dealing with AI opponents) That's enough to make even the most aggressively motivated attacker weep, and Garrison-trained Longbowmen glare in jealousy.

Looking forward to seeing what goodies .14 will bring. It's like christmas come early. *g*

Cheers!

I just had a small brain storm... You know th civic city-states right? Well I was wondering is there any way to make trading citys imposible with it? You know seeing that suposidly the citys are more autominous, and there for would have something to say against being sold to another civ...

Top Bottom