Hey Danq did they tell you when the release date might be?

bernie77

Chieftain
I know it says spring 08 but do you know a more concrete one. I have been waiting for a game like this on a console for a very long time.

According to Amazon.com, the non-Wii versions are due April 28th, and the Wii version is due September 8th. I have no idea how realistic/official these dates are, however, they must've come from the publisher so it may be Firaxis' best guess.

Thanks it sounds good. I wonder when will they do another preview and give us more news? I want to see more gameplay vids!!

Just remember that Amazon's "Due Dates" are often just wishful thinking; guesses based on the projected timeframes. IIRC, they were off by weeks for Civ4.

Padma: They're not (I argued this back for Civ 4 as well). Amazon gets its information from the publisher, and it's up to the publisher to update any changes. Otherwise we're presuming the staff of Amazon has time to continuously check and constantly update the release date of hundreds of future projects, which of course, it doesn't.

Isn’t supposed to come out during that time anyways. The release date for Amazon should not be too off.

Until an official date is announced by 2K (publisher) or Firaxis (developer), treat any date offered otherwise as rumour or speculation. April 28th does indeed sound closer to speculation than rumour, i.e. consistent with the quarter of the year 2K and Firaxis have been saying all along, but still unofficial.

Top Bottom