Which Portable ?

PSP has Sid Meiers Pirates though which is only slightly addictive.

Only so slightly because of all those hours I spent on the PC with that game. Still, the PSP version is great. Civ Rev on the DS could be great, but seeing how the DS struggles with Simcity DS I hope they dumbed the game down enough so it can run on the thing.

Touch screen will realy help the control of the game. Ds doesn't have good graphics but its enough to play a decent game like Pokemon.

Touch screen will realy help the control of the game. Ds doesn't have good graphics but its enough to play a decent game like Pokemon.

QFT.........

PSP games look fantastic though. My friend has a DS and I have a PSP. I don't really like either of them.

PSP is exactly that though a portable PS2 in effect. If you like Grand Theft Auto get a PSP, if you like Nintendo titles get a DS.

...if you want to play Civ on a handheld get a DS.

I think a PSP is better but thats because I think that most of the DS games are childish or some boring puzzle thing. (Pokemon, Some other stuff....)
And i saw the grapics of CivRev, Suckish... just... Suckish... I really hate 2D grapics on a 7th Generation console.

the DS isn't a seventh generation console.....

I think a PSP is better but thats because I think that most of the DS games are childish or some boring puzzle thing. (Pokemon, Some other stuff....)
And i saw the grapics of CivRev, Suckish... just... Suckish... I really hate 2D grapics on a 7th Generation console.

so to you, graphics are more important than gameplay? Because it is nearly universally agreed that there are more games with great gameplay for the DS(for all ages) than there are for the PSP.

YOU "learn it, read it, eat it". I've already read all that poop and I would like to sate this. you said CONSOLE, that means the xbox 360, PS3, Wii, and all the older ones....the DS and the PSP are HANDHELD game consoles......

so to you, graphics are more important than gameplay? Because it is nearly universally agreed that there are more games with great gameplay for the DS(for all ages) than there are for the PSP.
QFFT........

YOU "learn it, read it, eat it". I've already read all that poop and I would like to sate this. you said CONSOLE, that means the xbox 360, PS3, Wii, and all the older ones....the DS and the PSP are HANDHELD game consoles...

Handheld Game CONSOLES, its still a console, handheld or not.

Yes, i agree that there are games with great gameplay for all ages for the DS but it dosn't appeal to me because of the grapics.
i would play most of those games, maybe if they remade them in the future or something...

that site is in error(what isn't in error at Wikipedia...)

Console Generations: Commodore64> Atari> NES> SNES/Genesis> N64/PS1/Saturn> Gamecube/Dreamcast/PS2/Xbox> Wii/PS3/Xbox360

Handheld Generations: Gameboy> Gameboy Color> Gameboy Advance> DS/PSP

It is only the 4th handheld generation, and the first with 3D graphics(it took 5 generations for consoles to get 3D graphics), so why the hate if it doesn't look all nice and pretty? Did you enjoy Lair? It was pretty...played like crap...but pretty :)

Have you given up all of the great games of the past? No longer play Civ2 or 3? No longer play the great RPGs of the past? Diablo? Starcraft? They look bad now...but they are still great games.

Graphics are not the be-all and end-all of games. Sure, they help with appeal, and sometimes they aid in the story or mechanics area...but they are much less important than gameplay, story, audio, and the all important 'fun factor'

that site is in error(what isn't in error at Wikipedia...)

Console Generations: Commodore64> Atari> NES> SNES/Genesis> N64/PS1/Saturn> Gamecube/Dreamcast/PS2/Xbox> Wii/PS3/Xbox360

Handheld Generations: Gameboy> Gameboy Color> Gameboy Advance> DS/PSP

It is only the 4th handheld generation, and the first with 3D graphics(it took 5 generations for consoles to get 3D graphics), so why the hate if it doesn't look all nice and pretty? Did you enjoy Lair? It was pretty...played like crap...but pretty :)

Have you given up all of the great games of the past? No longer play Civ2 or 3? No longer play the great RPGs of the past? Diablo? Starcraft? They look bad now...but they are still great games.

Graphics are not the be-all and end-all of games. Sure, they help with appeal, and sometimes they aid in the story or mechanics area...but they are much less important than gameplay, story, audio, and the all important 'fun factor'

Your Handheld Console Timeline is wrong.

Milton Bradley Microvision>Game Boy>Game Boy Color>Game Boy Advance>DS/PSP

So... handheld colsoles are actully in its 5th Generation. :D

Yea... Lair was not fun... at all...:nuke:
Actually I prefer Civ2/3 to Civ4:crazyeye: and I love Diablo:goodjob: and Starcraft:goodjob:. But.. its 2008, I expected something better on the DS:mad:.

seeing as you claim to only like good graphics, why are you playing civ 2 and diablo and starcraft, talk about outdated.

Plus you can'ty expect the DS to have good graphics, im suprised it can even run civ rev, despite its downed graphics.

the DS has better than N64 level graphical ability...so why are you surprised? N64+ is nearly as good as PS2-, IMO...especially on such a small screen.

the DS has better than N64 level graphical ability...so why are you surprised? N64+ is nearly as good as PS2-, IMO...especially on such a small screen.

I dont think DS has better grapics than N64. The best grapics i've seen on DS is.... uhhh...... Cant think of a game.

seeing as you claim to only like good graphics, why are you playing civ 2 and diablo and starcraft, talk about outdated.

Plus you can'ty expect the DS to have good graphics, im suprised it can even run civ rev, despite its downed graphics.

Those games were released on 2000 or pre 2000 sooo i dont really expect very good grapics. But CivRev is gonna be released this year.. and grapics like that in 2008... its just... ehhhh....

Why cant i expect good grapics from the DS??? it was released at about the same time as PSP and its company achived almost PS2 grapics years before PS2 and now they cant even make a Handheld with average grapics.

I dont think DS has better grapics than N64. The best grapics i've seen on DS is.... uhhh...... Cant think of a game.

Then how did Super Mario DS 64 and Diddy Kong Racing DS both have better graphics than the originals? ANd how did Mario Kart DS look better than Mario Kart N64?

And don't forget the screenshots for FFIV, and the cutscenes from FFIII.

The DS is more powerful than the N64 was...and is definitely more powerful than the PS1 was, it is fully capable of decent-good 3D graphics...it just doesn't necessarily happen because graphics aren't the main selling point of it like the PSP.

Just think of the DS and the Wii as proofs of concepts...I am 100% positive that when Nintendo unveils their next systems, they'll be beefed up graphically like you'd expect for a 8th/6th generation system, and keep the best parts of the Wii/DS control schemes.

Top Bottom