Which Portable ?

Then how did Super Mario DS 64 and Diddy Kong Racing DS both have better graphics than the originals? ANd how did Mario Kart DS look better than Mario Kart N64?

And don't forget the screenshots for FFIV, and the cutscenes from FFIII.

The DS is more powerful than the N64 was...and is definitely more powerful than the PS1 was, it is fully capable of decent-good 3D graphics...it just doesn't necessarily happen because graphics aren't the main selling point of it like the PSP.

Just think of the DS and the Wii as proofs of concepts...I am 100% positive that when Nintendo unveils their next systems, they'll be beefed up graphically like you'd expect for a 8th/6th generation system, and keep the best parts of the Wii/DS control schemes.

Fine fine... The DS Has average grapics but still, some PS1 games beat it in grapics. For example: FFVIII looked great on the PS1 and the cutscenes even better.

Yes... The next line of products from Nintendo the grapics will be beefed up but the products from Microsoft & Sony all also be beefed up, may not be as much but still enough to be infront of Nitendo products.

dude, it graphics are not THE deciding factor on how good a game is................. since the PS3 has the best graphical capabilities supposedly, why is it so far behind in sales?

@MoMo19947: I agree Microsoft and Sony will beef up their graphics, but I see no reason why Nintendo wouldn't be able to have comparable graphics next time around...they could have this time, but wanted to test out motion controls...no reason they can't combine comparable graphics and motion controls next time around.

sidmeierfan121, while nobody can rationally argue that the DS has better graphics than the PSP, gameplay is not dictated by hardware, but rather the skill of the designer and his team.

Its hilarious when imbeciles try to prove a point by linking a WIKI page lol.

Sorry buddy, but any idiot with a computer has access to change things on WIKI. Wiki is NOT excepted as references on college papers because WIKI is not regulated for pure facts..

Learn it, Read it, Eat it... you really cool guy

I was thinking of a PSP, but i really just want God of War since i am a xbox fan and dont have a PS anything...

DS seems sweet though...Plus a portable civ game? This might just break my summer :)

if you are interested in God of War, just get a PS2...you'll get God of War 1 and 2, and Chains of Olympus will soon be ported there anyway. All good/decent PSP games do eventually...that's what I'm waiting for with Final Fantasy Tactics and VII: Crisis Core

indeed...FFXIII may be the game that will get me over the edge into Sonyland again...although I'm still hearing rumors of it being ported to the 360 as well.

yeah, it might happen, I mean they switched to Sony didn't they?

yes....because the didn't like the direction nintendo was going with the N64, the went with Sony...and right now, they don't like the PS3...they've already optimized the graphics engine for use on the 360, so it wouldn't be too much more work to just port the whole thing :D

yeah, I sure hope they do...FINAL FANTASY ON 360!

I notice that a lot of people here say positive things about Nintendo DS, but not so much about PSP.

So my question is : is Nintendo DS better than PSP ? In what way(s) ? Or is it just a matter of personal attachment to a brand ?

Disclaimer : this is a real question, I don't mean to start a console-war.

Compared to the PSP, the DS is: (1) smaller (2) easier to carry in your pocket because it opens up (3) much better battery life (4) much easier to play strategy games on in because of stylus--it's a huge pain playing a strategy game on the PSP.

OTOH, the PSP has much more powerful computer chips and a higher resolution LCD screen.

I big problem I see with Civ DS is that every Civ comes out with bugs but there's no way to patch the DS so you will be stuck with the bugs forever.

well, that's probably why they'll take extra care on the DS version...

I notice that a lot of people here say positive things about Nintendo DS, but not so much about PSP.

So my question is : is Nintendo DS better than PSP ? In what way(s) ? Or is it just a matter of personal attachment to a brand ?

Disclaimer : this is a real question, I don't mean to start a console-war.

Its the variety of games on the DS, thats mainly what makes it pull ahead not to mention the dual screens and lower price.

Compared to the PSP, the DS is: (1) smaller (2) easier to carry in your pocket because it opens up (3) much better battery life (4) much easier to play strategy games on in because of stylus--it's a huge pain playing a strategy game on the PSP.

OTOH, the PSP has much more powerful computer chips and a higher resolution LCD screen.

I big problem I see with Civ DS is that every Civ comes out with bugs but there's no way to patch the DS so you will be stuck with the bugs forever.

that's likely why the DS version is scheduled to come out a month after the console versions of the game are finished.

FF used to be a Nintendo exclusive, and they left when they didn't like the direction Nintendo went with the N64....right now Square Enix isn't happy with the direction Sony is going with the PS3...hmm.....historical parallels make one hope :)

yes it does, I hope it comes back to nintendo......or microsoft.

Top Bottom