Welcome New Members

hi,
Gamer in 40's from UK, happy to join or host multiplayer Civ 5.
inexperienced both at Civ and strat games in general, but loving playing.
pinkdino99 - STEAM - pinkdino99 - STEAM - pinkdino99 - STEAM - pinkdino99 - STEAM -

Hello all,
I have been lurking the forums for years, and only now have convinced myself to actually create an account. This is my first experience participating in a forum, and I wouldn't be surprised if I accidentally responded to someone's post instead of responding to the thread itself :lol:
Now for the most oversimplified background on my Civilization history:
I received Civ III as a present, and took it out of the box probably a couple months after. :p I was immediately hooked, but desperate for more. Thus, I complete skipped over IV (though I purchased it later) and went to the recently released V. I've been playing ever since, and thus have devoted my life to playing this insanely addictive game.
I hope to see all of you around in the future!
Sloth on ;)
-Slotharoo

Howdy folks,
Name's Alex, and I am not a long term lurker/visitor of this site. My first experience with Civilization was the second game in the installment...and what a game it was. I became quite addicted, but later gave up computer games altogether for console gaming. Then, last week CivRev came out for Xbox Live Gold for free and I downloaded it. Felt it severely lacked in the things that I loved about Civ2, so I went looking on steam and decided to splurge and get Civ5 and the expansion packs with an old gift card.

Anywho, just looking to make the experience even better. As someone who has never played multiplayer Civilization :)blush:), I'd like to jump in on that sometime down the road when I feel comfortable in my strategy. For now, just looking to get better and share in the series that is Civilization!
-odoe27

i vaguely remember civ and civ ii, missed civ 3, played civ rev on xbox which made me want a REAL civ game; got civ iv and now civ v complete editions. i dont do multiplayer, thats what the AI is for :D
im pretty useless at high difficulties, i prefer to play games how they make me have fun than for a frustrating challenge, and it looks like settler might be better than chieftain for me if i can force the other civs to declare war on me in that difficulty

Hi hey hello,
My name is Rico. I'm new to the site. I've been playing civ 5 a bit & BNW.
I'm early 20's and I'm kinda cool.
I'm looking for some good MP games.
I play late evenings some times. Central time zone.
So yea.

Nice to meet ya,
-Keep

Hey name is John. Been playing since Civ 3. Addicted to Domination Victories. Start my quest for world domination pretty early. By about turn 150 I usually have the largest army in the game, and the first Civ that pisses me off is the first go. Play with America most of the time. Renamed to the Sontarin Empire. I try to play peacefully till about the Modern Age, and try to have a technological edge on the other Civs before I actually begin my conquest.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Long time listener first time caller :)

Been playing civ forever, but never really good at it. Warlord is too easy, Prince to tough for anything but cultural (and now thats gone :( )

I think first civ game was 3, and then I almost immediately jumped on alpha centauri because I always rocked the space race.

Wish I could rename troops like alpha centauri so I could war better.

Trying to beat Prince civ5 G&K now, never beaten higher. beat earlier versions with culture.

Hello. I can finally post here. I never got my email confermation. I had to contact tech support and even then the web site didn't work. I replied back but never got a response. Last night I posted on the Steam Civ 5 forums and today I checked Civfantics.com forums and its finally fixed. I don't know if it was my Steam post or if it was fixed a while back and I waas never told that it was fixed.

I just got over 115% influential over America and beat down and pupetted the Chinese puny empire! I also lead the game in technology, culture, turisum and science! Long live Babylon. :)

I've been lurking here for a while but i finally decided to make a post.

I'm currently playing immortal difficulty, but I'm thinking about moving up to Deity after I beat my current game as the Dutch. (their ability lets me get SO MUCH money in the early game :))

I heard that deity ai can get really op though:crazyeye:
I guess I can just pick an op civ(poland) to overcome the ai hordes:D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YrIv8Iwu6mY

(First, let us listen to a good old musique from this brillant serie. The next that will follow is a little presentation of mine, do not worry folks, I just want to try a original presentation)

*You see scouts dressed in blue and white, you have never seen this color before, could it be a new civilization? Suddenly, you can see La Gallerie des Glaces and a man standing in a 20th century clothes, long jacket and a hat, he wants to welcome you.*

http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb...ailles_Galerie_des_Glaces_Premier_Extrait.png

Bienvenue en France! Terre de gloire et de grandeur! Permettez que je vous fasses visiter notre capitale, je vous assure que vous en resterez bouche bée. (Welcome to France! Place of glory and greatness! Allow me to make you visit our capital, I can assure you will be astonished.)

Always wanted to do that~
Anyway, let's make a more serious presentation.

I am ZeroFrance, a french citizen from the City of Light, Paris. I am 20 years old, I play civilization since the last year. I always loved history, and this game learned to me a lot of things I didn't know about the world, the existence of many civilizations and great men it has existed. Since then, I am a big player of Civilization V, as you may not notice, I play France, also Mongolia sometimes.

Generally I rather seek a culture victory and I am not much bold, just don't try to create too much wonders I also try to seek , just a friendly advice. I am not the kind who denounce a lot, even to warmongers, I don't care much about them.
In the game I'm used to make good friends, some IA which I am trustful among them, like Polynesia, Ethiopia, Mongolia or Japan., America as well. However, I am the worst nightmare of England! (France VS England? How fitting.)

Futhermore, I am a gamer since Pokemon Red, I had the honor and luck to play such marvellous game in a golden age of Video Games. Pokemon, Zelda, Starfox, Metal Gear etc...

I truly hope to be in good acquittances with you all! I also ask you to not mind about mistakes in my sentances, english is not my native language, thank you for your intention.

Hi people,

Glad to be here, I played civilization 2, and now i´m playing civ V BNW.
Nice forum, read lot of tips.

Bye

Hey!

I've been reading some threads here and there since I got Civilization V last October. Recently I've done that more often, and after I won the first time on Deity, I registered here so I could submit to the Hall of Fame, too - there are not enough Portugal players on Deity :D

Welcome aboard, everyone!

Edit: This is my two-thousandth post!

[party]:woohoo:

Hi !

I'm Seb from France. I created my account since the release of CivV even if I've never posted anything. And I forget to make my presentation... ! Well... So I'm addicted to Civilization since CivII. I enjoyed each version of Civilization along with Alpha Centauri and Colonization. Oh and I'm an X-Com player since the original 1994 version ! (Yep, a big fan of Firaxis games !)

Top Bottom