Civ4 documentation wiki

I've made a very basic template to "tag" the unformated pages. Add {{Template:Wrongformat}} in wrong pages you don't have the time to adjust right now. The pages will be collected in the category "Wrong Format" that you and others can check when you get the time.

Don't drink and wiki, or ebvrything might get wasted... i hate computers :-D

I'm very sorry about horrendous Example #4...
<Psycho music>

I was suddenly pulled out to dinner.
I'm fixing it and de-uglifying it now.

The new domain name is up and running. Update all of your bookmarks to point to http://civ4wiki.com/wiki/index.php/Main_Page

When I wake up tomorrow morning I'm going to disable the old wiki URL at kyteland.com/civ4wiki. Don't say I didn't warn you if it stops working. ;)

Next up: Enabling image uploads.

Edit: Uh oh. I've run in to a snag. The wiki is still using the old domain name for all of the links. I'll have to play with this a bit to see what's going on. If anyone knows a quick fix for this let me know.

Edit2: It looks like the pages will need to be edited and saved from the new domain before the new URL gets reflected in the database. I'll make a note of it on the main wiki page.

Edit3: Never-you-mind. I'm just crazy. :lol: This should be fixed soon.

Edit4: I'm not as crazy as I thought I was. I'm using a new folder name for the wiki. wiki instead of civ4wiki. Each page that currently links to another page will need to be edited and saved from the new URL. I'm disabling the old URL so we don't get any unexpected rollbacks. Also note that it isn't sufficient to hit edit and then immediately hit ssave. YOu actually have to add something for this to take effect.

Sorry about the hassle. It's better to do it now than when there are 50 bajillion pages on there.

How do you get the dashed line box around things?

Should I continue updating the old site or try the new one? (I get a 404 trying to get to the XML section.)

rkyte said:
Edit2: It looks like the pages will need to be edited and saved from the new domain before the new URL gets reflected in the database. I'll make a note of it on the main wiki page.

This also means I'll be disabling the old URL sooner rather than later.

How do I edit and save these pages if the Wiki doesn't think they exist?

Mr. Will, please see above.

rkyte said:
Mr. Will, please see above.

Thanks.
Sorry for being so bothersome, but I'm desperately trying to get my article off of the bad example list before I go to bed. (Waking up early tomorrow!)

Wish me luck!

I think I have the site in its final form for now. All of the old URLs are disabled. You *must* use civ4wiki.com/wiki from now on. I'm going to go through and try to "fix" articles now so that they are all linked right.

And then I'll work on getting image uploads working. :)

Edit: I've hit all of the files I can find. It also looks like someone else was going through and updating too, so hopefully we hit everything. There may be a few pages still floating around, but they can be dealt with as they are found.

GJORGPAWGYAWJO~

I just edited my page for an hour and a half...

And it's all gone.

I hate my life.

Anyway, the leaderheadinfos still looks terrible, (only because my computer is ******ed and I didn't back up my work, a hard lesson learned) but I did work on it...

I'll really fix it tomorrow. And save it this time. lol.
Finally got the hang of it. And it looked really nice, too. <sigh>
I'm out for the night. See you tomorrow afternoon.

MSTK said:
I'll fix up the main page.

Hey, rkyte, can you give me sysop priveledges? I could move around and edit the files easier that way.
Ahh, I knew this day would come. Someone asking for sysop priveleges.

Let me preface this by saying: I'm new to this community, so I really don't know anyone here. I'm kind of leery about handing out site priveleges willy-nilly. That could go very wrong, very fast, just because I don't know the person in question. I should be posting here a lot more, so hopefully as time goes by I can add a couple of "power users" to the wiki. It would be a Bad Idea&#169; to leave that kind of thing in in just my hands. Bear with me.

That being said, I'll set you up as a sysop. You've been here a while and are obviously an active member. I'm just trying to head off a (potential) flood of requests.

Forgive me for being paranoid. :crazyeye:

I have image upload enabled now. I think that completes my checklist for the day.

/off to play civ4.

Top Bottom