Erebus

I think me and Munak should act as support fire, Shooting, throwing hair pins and darts etc at enemies from a distance. i can also cast healing and regenrative spells on you guys then and also slow down and trap enemies with my seed balls. when we get in close combat Munak can do her Dragon Dance, and i can use my stave

[tab] Nindoro followed the guards stealthily as they take the party across the canal to the baracks. He lurks around the back for awhile, until shooed away by the guards. He heads back to the docks, to spend the night above the tavern in considerable more comfort than the rest of you. In the morning he returns, his resolve apparently strengthened, swearing to vouch for the group mistakingly taken last night. He is ushered by a guard into the assembly hall where the rest of his group, flanked by guards, is discussing the situation with the demagogue who had previously requested their assistance. Mipe glares at Nondoro, then turns back to the Demagogue.
[tab]"After observing you for some time, as was done with all people in town of high potential, to determine their allegience, I asked you to report any illegal activity to me--but you were not given authority to break the law in doing so. Violation of curfew, tresspass, and possibly arson. However, you did not resist arrest, and we found you resisting the assualts of the two Drown, proof positive that the thralls of the Overlords still have a pressence in the town.
[tab]"The priest has fled, but we have identified him as the owner of the boat you were on, Ranal Storm-eye. We are hunting down his compatriarts based on the reports of the dock workers.
[tab]"The question arises, however, of why you six--seven, I guess--were guarding a vessel full of dwarven slaves. Slavery has been banned in all lands touched by the holy word of Junil."
[tab]Thomas explains the situation, with everyone chipping in--that you were hired by a man you hadn't before met to guard a specific boat from unnamed rivals, without knowledge of the cargo.
[tab]"I see. This Corvanes claimed ownership of the vessel, as did Ranal. It is likely they were in league. I need you to track this man down. We cannot spare an Inquisitor at the moment, so some guile may better suited to the task. Do this, and you will have the gratitude of the new government of Paradera."

Ken asks the demagouge,
"Will we be allowed to carry weapons?"

[if we're not allowed to I will attempt to use my high charisima to change his mind]

Either way (provided we are allowed to leave) I head to the market to purchase two pieces of metal tubes, several metal spheres, a small pouch and two small mana crystals. I then enchant the mana crystals with force magic so that when pressure is applied to one, it causes the other to launch a force explosion. I then use fire magic to weld the two pieces of pipe perpendicular to eachother with the triggering mana crystal near the joint. i then weld the spell casting crystal to the back of the top pipe. Then I get Tsanal to enchant the spheres to fly straight. In the end i create a magic-powered pistol (and the guards won't even identify it as a weapon!)

He frowns. "It is a fair question, I've no doubt you will be facing danger. But the law cannot be bent for you. It would be a bad example, but more, we do not want to spread news of your mission to every soldier on patrol, word would leak and you would be in further danger. So I must advise against it, though if you manage to conceal something, I certainly don't object."
Spoiler :
If this map helps, you're welcome to it, it's what I'm using but my handwriting...:sad:
Paradera.jpg

"Thank you for the map, and did you say that any weapon that is hidden is not illegal?"

ooc: can we already leave? and actually, that map is pretty good :goodjob:

[assuming were alloud to leave]

"i need to go to the market to get some more items"

i want to stock up on some more reagents seeds, and also some herbs etc for more healing potions which i used up in the cell. i also want to buy some more vials, a Mortar and pestal (small bowl and crushing stick made of stone)

i need some more plant seeds, but this time i want some dangerous ones,
-Carnivorous plants (like fly traps, but mine will be able to grow much bigger :evil:)
-poison ivy,
-mushroom spores that produce fungus which explodes in a burst of the same spores that cause delirious actions and irrational thought. (my magic will make them grow faster)
i will probably be able to get all of these things from more occult or black market herbalists ;)
-a pouch of a specific mushroom spore, which causes those who breathe it to fall asleep.

id also like to pay a visit to somewhere that house lots of different kinds of animals... perhaps even the fish market (because that way i could examine the animals and learn to polymorphy myself into that animal, but i have to have time to examine it first ;)

"Well, at least we now have proof that we're fighting on the right side," Tsanal says, and then continues: "I'll need to go to the mage guild. I don't want to be stuck again, unable to do anything, just because the undead is immune to my mind and disease spells."
"Ken, are you coming with me? I think you could use the training too."

Either way (provided we are allowed to leave) I head to the market to purchase two pieces of metal tubes, several metal spheres, a small pouch and two small mana crystals. I then enchant the mana crystals with force magic so that when pressure is applied to one, it causes the other to launch a force explosion. I then use fire magic to weld the two pieces of pipe perpendicular to eachother with the triggering mana crystal near the joint. i then weld the spell casting crystal to the back of the top pipe. Then I get Tsanal to enchant the spheres to fly straight. In the end i create a magic-powered pistol (and the guards won't even identify it as a weapon!)

You would need Tsanal to help you enchant it, as you don't have that sphere.

our attackers must have searched the blue wherehouse in order to find the cult's cargo. they must have known that corvanes was working with the cult and thus they suspected that the cargo was on his boat. Corvanes must have hired us to help the cult as he knew beforehand of the attack on the boat and i do not believe that the cult would attack itself. We now are presented with a choice: we can either escape from this cell and join with the cult, or we can tell the demagouge all that we know of this cult and join with the bannor.

This doesn't explain what the assassin said as far as I understand.

For the record, some of us attacked the cultist, so we can't join the cult.

"I'll be in charge of general attacking. And fixing any messes that may arise unexpectedly."

That's a bit vague to be of use. ;)

My intention re fighting style is indeed what Mryddyn says. If we could have weapons, I think a crossbow would fit well for me (since that doesn't rely on my strength unlike swords, longbows etc), but that's a non-issue at the moment.

"I see. This Corvanes claimed ownership of the vessel, as did Ranal. It is likely they were in league. I need you to track this man down."

This man = Ranal, not Corvanes?

Anyway, if we can leave, I'll go to the Dwarven smith to fetch my war fans. After having the war fans in my possession, I'd like to remind him that carrying weapons is not allowed by the Bannor, so that he shouldn't market this idea too openly.

Btw, ideas to find Ranal's whereabouts:

1) check out the warehouse Ranal came from

2) (some of us?) break into Corvanes' house and interrogate him about all he knows about the Overlords and that group that attacked us. Of course without the Bannor knowing. They don't like us breaking the law to get information.

"Also, thank you Mryddyn for fixing my arm, there was huge pain before you healed it"

[if allowed to leave] mipe goes around the city to find a place where to buy illegal things...

ooc: Is there any illegal stores around here? if so, how much would these things cost:
many lockpicks
poison

"You are allowed to leave now, just remember to obey the law."

[If someone might want to buy forbidden stuff, the more susipicious inns might be a place where such people could be found]
[surely something of that kind is in Paradera, you spent some of your money in black market food because you were so tired of fish]

[Assuming ive bought my provisions]
im going to mix up more Reaenergent potions for later (DM deside how many i have) and i also make more of my healing potions and salves.

I make several more seed pouches [depending on what i managed to buy]:
Purple Poison ivy ones,
Grey Carnivorous plants each with only a couple of seeds
Yellow Confusion Spores
Black Sleep Spores

These i place in their colour coded pouches on my belt.

(do i still have my Bow? im guessing not because its not easy to conceal and the Bannor would have confiscated it :()

"im off to the mage guild. id like to see how you Arcane casters weild your magic, i may learn a trick or two :)"

You got all that stuff but you had to spend the last of your coins.
The bow was taken. It might be returned when you leave the town with a permission.

You got a total of 6 energising potions. Then you ran out of reagents.
You got about a vial of healing salve. and two small healing potions.
For healing salves you might want some graymold. It's the hell to get but can cure almost anything.

I wonder if i could use my entropy magic to make Mryddyn's seeds more dangerous :mischief:

I do not think corvanes would still be in his house if he got word of the events last night

I guess i could go to the mage guild to practice my magic

OOC: how do we get better at magic? just by using it a lot?

When they arrive at the Mage Guild, Tsanal goes to find some of the more experienced mages. He asks them some questions about Mind and Dimensional magic, feeling that it may not be wise to mention Death magic while the Bannor is near. Specifically, he wants to know if there is a good way to use them to defend himself, perhaps against the undead.
He also asks if there is a library he can use.

[If there is, and he's being watched]: He tries to find some books on the Theory of Telekinesis and Teleportation, The Powers of the Mind, and Basic Enchantment. He will ask if he can borrow them.

[If there is, and he's not being watched]: Same as above, with the exception that he also tries to find a book on death magic. (Will NOT ask to borrow it, but will return it to it's place before talking to the other mages again.)

[If there isn't]: He returns to the others.

OOC: there is a library outside the mage guild; I managed to decipher some of knight's handwriting and came up with this:

Spoiler :

It's sideways though but you could always print it out

Top Bottom