Screenshots!

Good one! The national heroes are indeed fearsome. I think the Principality hero carries the name "The Count". He doesn't look as scary as the Collective Hellbeast though.

The Fairy Tale Game World Map

The World of Fairy Tale (The Known World) has developed. Here are some screenies and some of the "paper maps" of the Known World that have been created.

The 3rd picture, is the smaller scope of the known world (compare to the 2nd or 4th pictures)? Is this map already in the mod? I see that is represented by the 1st picture, what's the size of this map? It looks like you chopped and take only the top right corner of the original big map?

Yes! It was the first map I ever made for the mod, and all the other maps were expanded from this one. It is still playable in the scenario "The Collective War". The size is Standard, but I don't remember the tile count.

The Most Famous Battle in Fairy Tale History

I made these screenshots playing the Principality. Angvina attacked and I was fighting a bloody war of attrition against them that was leading to nothing. I decided to take care of them once and for all after a series of serious setbacks and loaded up with a massive army to take their well-fortified capital of Endelvein.

My troops met stiff resistance in Angvina lands, but were steadily pushing on Endelvein, finally also setting it under siege. It took me several turns to take it, but once that was done, Angvina was force to capitulate and the problem in the south had been taken care of. The city was renamed Victoria to celebrate the victory.

The Battle of Endelvein became the most famous battle in the history of this mod as well, since the screenshot of it ended up on the ModDB Front Page last week!

Yes! It was the first map I ever made for the mod, and all the other maps were expanded from this one. It is still playable in the scenario "The Collective War". The size is Standard, but I don't remember the tile count.

I just checked Collective War and Collective Rising's map (both are the same), but it's different from the 1st map picture in post #6. The Collective War's map is slightly smaller (I think).

Yeah, I see that now. I must have had another version that went more to the south as well. I'll look around my files and see if I can still find it... But right now I need to go to bed, so I'll post it tomorrow if I can find it.

Otherwise I could cut and create a smaller map from the really big one, if you're interested. It would be no sweat either, because I've been working with the maps all evening and will be doing more map work in the coming days.

:lol: OK. Anyways, having different sizes of maps goes well with my attempt lately to make them smaller and more playable. There'll be many more different size maps.

Yeah! That's the Death Roller. You can build one too. You just need a great scientist to build the Mad Scientist's Workshop and these kinds of odd units are buildable there. There are several other weird ones too. They are meant to be a bit of a curiosity on the battlefield, but fearsome indeed, so each nation can only field one at a time.

The smaller maps I'm creating right now are excellent stuff. They are fast-paced and really exciting. They are full of resources, meaning fast expansion for all nations and also leading to clashes early on. Every turn is packed with exciting events.

A map of The Principality at the beginning of the scenario "Namyr's Golden Age". I am playing The Principality and Namyr is doing extensive expansion in the south, much to the rest of the world's disgust. I am best friends with Gregory Lyssander of The Collective. Only that fact is a rare situation.

As I am building my army and cities to bring my Kingdom into fighting condition to take on mighty Namyr, old Gregory has his own plans, marching up with a moderate army in the neutral lands separating the three nations.

Gregory takes the spearhead and marches his forces straight into Namyr, declaring war. I send my dragon and all of my army of knights in support, and so begins the great war against Namyr where The Principality and The Collective march side by side against the common southern enemy!

This is a game of betrayal. They will bite you where you're weak. The secret is to never been caught weak. Sometimes I've been the point leader and been attacked still by the nation at the bottom of the list. The fact that you have the same Religion often doesn't matter either. Not even defensive pacts. I was once attacked by a nation that signed a defensive pact with me on one turn, and charged on the second!

Some of these guys are really aggressive, but others can remain good friends too.

I was away with my main army in the Yatenga Lands, destroying and occupying it, when this happened in the namyri north. The Principality declares war and takes the city of Deema without much resistance. The enemy's army of knights are pouring into Namyr!

The road into central Namyr seems open for the Principality knights, and while the main Namyri army is pulled back from Yatenga, after their victory there, and new troops are raised in the homeland, the guards in the north scramble their small numbers and march out.

This guy is a frigging hero. He has beaten off at least five attacks by Principality knights. He's a lone spearman heavily entrenched in forest and he even does a few successful counterattacks. This guy saved Namyr before dying an honourable death.

Finally! The Main Army has returned after its campaign far away and is now prepareing for the counterattack to retake our territory and teach those proud knights a lesson never to be forgot! The King stands at the front of the Namyri army and calmly lets the catapults work on the fortifications.

Whow! The enemy shows up with reinforcements! It's now or never. Charge, gentlemen! The King leads the final charge that breaks the defence of Deema and the garrison is slaughtered in revenge of the Namyri garrison that was slaughtered when the enemy took it!

Ha-haa! Vengeance at last! But the enemy's line is still intact; we will now make a counterattack and turn them over.

The new scenarios that I am building right now will be exciting stuff. Here are some pictures from the New Collective War scenario. Just as the original, this is very, very exciting and hard-fought. I am playing the Principality which has to stand and survive the initial Collective onslaught, while my allies to the East do nothing but bide their time.

Collective hordes swarm into The Principality, meet noble, stiff resistance in a series of major battles, but ravage the entire northern part of my Kingdom. Finally, I am able to get together a small counteroffensive and regain some territory, but I am unsure if I will be able to build any sort of substantial offensive to cause them serious damage. I need my allies!

Top Bottom