I opened my borders ....

alllek

Chieftain

2 turns before the last 2 spaceship items where ready.
I couldnt take them to my capital :p

Attachments

• 2012-03-29_00002.jpg
    2012-03-29_00002.jpg
    447.5 KB · Views: 1,656
Ah, the famed Carpet of Doom. I don't think I've ever seen one in an actual game.

Still, I guess that's what you get for opening your borders to such a powerful foe. Personally I never sign open borders unless I'm actually hoping the AI will invade.

Come on, this must be fake.

Although I don't believe for one minute that the picture is genuine, the solution is simple. Declare war. All the enemy units leave your territory (to where? the ocean?), and you can move your last SS parts into the capital and launch easily.

not sure if excellent photoshop skills or just world builder

So in 2 turns, a roughly 13x17 carpet of AI units managed to fill your entire empire...

If this were possible, you should be chastised for not noticing the 18-100 units visible around your borders prior to the open borders agreement :p.

I wonder, have Mongolians ever heard of army maintenance...? :mischief:

P.S.: They even got GDR's in their ranks: you can see them close to Tabriz and Athens...

What's this supposed to be?Are you saying they attacked you with all that?

Cancel open borders and win. Simples!?

Sell all your cities to turkey and win diplo with all the money's simples2

(sell to Mongolia for all city states they conquered... Win diploma... Simples3) :)

i know if i dow while in their borders all my dudes get pushed to the border edge. if you do it there will all his units get pushed to the edge?

fake or not that's pretty epic in a sick way

I wonder, have Mongolians ever heard of army maintenance...? :mischief:

P.S.: They even got GDR's in their ranks: you can see them close to Tabriz and Athens...

AI has discount on army maintenance

So in 2 turns, a roughly 13x17 carpet of AI units managed to fill your entire empire...

If this were possible, you should be chastised for not noticing the 18-100 units visible around your borders prior to the open borders agreement :p.

No the screenshot is many turns after i opened the open borders. its a little before OB expires. I won the games BTW. I just waited for 28 turns. I thought about declaring war but was wondering if my capital and the spaship item that needed 2 turns to get to the capital would survive. I decided not to do it since nobody looked like winning soon. I had a DOF with Genkis.

I havent seen any thing like this before. My guess is that because of the way the pangea was (mountains and my territory blocking his way and the reluctunce of the AI to drop many units in the water) genkis didnt move many of his units to the east and all his army was in his original cities. In the east part there werent many units.

Japan did this to me once with about 40 units. Same thing.. had a DoF and those 40 units just stood on my roads and shuffled around a little. When the DoF expired he immediately went to "guarded." I think it has less to do with terrain and more to do with AI shenanigans.

That carpet of doom is pretty unusual though... there's gotta be 150 units in that pic. That's like 600 gpt in maintenance for a human player. :lol:

Japan did this to me once with about 40 units. Same thing.. had a DoF and those 40 units just stood on my roads and shuffled around a little. When the DoF expired he immediately went to "guarded." I think it has less to do with terrain and more to do with AI shenanigans.

That carpet of doom is pretty unusual though... there's gotta be 150 units in that pic. That's like 600 gpt in maintenance for a human player. :lol:

There should be a limit of units for each player Yes it will criple the AI but I had one map where The AI had so many untis in his territory that my scouit couldn't pass through( I had open borders)

Top Bottom