Announcing BUFFY

Hi guys,

I know, I have been living under a rock for some time now, because I just heard a few days ago about the BUFFY-mod. Of course I instantly ordered me a copy of BtS to try it out. Now I got a question, though. I want all the shiny new features of BULL, which are not included, right?! Where can I download it and how do I install it?
BUFFY will not work with BULL, at least if you want to play HOF games.

The best way to enjoy BULL is to d/l BUG and BULL and install them instead of BUFFY, if you aren't playing HOF games. The link to d/l both is here in this subforum. You can also d/l BAT which has BUG and BULL installed, and better graphics with no game changes. The link is in my sig, or in the same thread as BUG and BULL.

I've got a (minor) problem with BUFFY. I've changed the CivilizationIV.ini to load BUFFY. When I now start Civ as a normal user, it tells me that I won't be able to submit to HOF and GOTM and I should use an account with admin access. When I start Civ as an admin, it starts Civ without loading BUFFY, ignoring those lines in the .ini file (or maybe there is another .ini somewhere else...) - but I can load BUFFY from within the game (Advanced - Load Mod), which is a bit tedious since it takes some time. Any suggestions...?

I've changed permissions for the Firaxis folder as suggested here http://hof.civfanatics.net/civ4/mod.php?show=vista.

Are you right clicking the main BTS executable and running as admin? It should load any mod that you've set in the .ini file just like normal.

Thank you. :)

I didn't know that. I'd forgotten about GOTM games.

I'm pretty sure BUFFY has BULL.

BAT, of course, is much better for personal games (Non-HOF/GOTM games).

BUFFY is in major need of an overhaul. Just give us one more update.

Are you right clicking the main BTS executable and running as admin? It should load any mod that you've set in the .ini file just like normal.

Yes, I'm doing that. It's strange, but then again nothing that can not be worked around...

May be you have to take a look at your admin-account. it could be , while runing as admin, another .ini is used

I'm pretty sure BUFFY has BULL.

BAT, of course, is much better for personal games (Non-HOF/GOTM games).

BUFFY is in major need of an overhaul. Just give us one more update.

BUFFY does have it's own DLL, so I assume it has BULL in it.

I have problems loading BUFFY mod. It doesn't load. It worked for a year without problem and suddenly this happened and keeps happening. All other mods work fine.

Spoiler :

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BEX
Application Name: Civ4BeyondSword.exe
Application Version: 3.1.9.0
Application Timestamp: 4a0c27e6
Fault Module Name: StackHash_e98d
Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 00000000
Exception Offset: f74fc46b
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Data: 00000008
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1050
Additional Information 1: e98d
Additional Information 2: e98dfca8bcf81bc1740adb135579ad53
Additional Information 3: 6eab
Additional Information 4: 6eabdd9e0dc94904be3b39a1c0583635

My drivers are up to date, I have tried uninstalling and cleaning registry then installing again, I am running in compability mode for WinXP SP2, and as administrator.
I have already tried changing DEP settings (didn't help) and all other things proposed on other forums, but, since only BUFFY suffers from this problem, I thought some people from BUFFY development could figure the problem out.

My OS is Win7 Ultimate 64bit.

Please help. I have SGOTM to play and formatting my hard disk is really last resort.

In OP the link is for BUFFY-3.19.001.exe while Denniz few posts up links to BUFFY-3.19.003.exe

Just checking if this is newest version? Maybe one that doesn't require changing things if I have BUG installed in Custom Assets?

I've read this thread and afaict there are 2 options:

1. Rename existing customassets folder (with BUG files in it) to 'customassets-old'.

2. Disable the use of CustomAssets:

Go to your BTS installation folder
Navigate into Mods/BUFFY-3.19.001
Open BUFFY-3.19.001.ini in Notepad
Change NoCustomAssets from 0 to 1
This is necessary if you have BUG installed to CustomAssets (single-player install).

Is this still necessary or does v.3.19.003 fix this?

If I do as option 1. will I still be able to use BUG & BULL in normal games? I just want BUFFY for SGOTM and be able to submit my games.

Not sure how active things are now but I have a couple of quick questions re: BUFFY.

1. I have just downloaded 3.19.004b (I've been using .003 for ages) and noticed that it includes a CIV4BuildingInfos.xml while .003 didn't. Is there a reason for this? (it's over-ruling my custom assets)

2. Are there significant improvements for .004b over .003 or are the changes largely HOF/GOTM related? (I use BUFFY because I like all the BUG/BULL stuff, not for HOF/GOTM submissions)

Not sure how active things are now but I have a couple of quick questions re: BUFFY.

1. I have just downloaded 3.19.004b (I've been using .003 for ages) and noticed that it includes a CIV4BuildingInfos.xml while .003 didn't. Is there a reason for this? (it's over-ruling my custom assets)

2. Are there significant improvements for .004b over .003 or are the changes largely HOF/GOTM related? (I use BUFFY because I like all the BUG/BULL stuff, not for HOF/GOTM submissions)
The BUG team actually doesn't have much to do with BUFFY anymore, it seems. The bulk of the creation and maintenance is now done by Denniz and the HoF staff.

You are probably better asking these questions in the HoF forum. :)

Ahh ... and now we see the real LM! Nice avatar pic.

Top Bottom