Inquisition

The improvement is in what is required to achieve a religious victory.

The original version from BMarnz had only one requirement: 75% Religious influence. That's it! IMO this requirement alone just didn't cut it, as it was too easy to achieve the victory and you could win without achieving Religious Unity in every city.

The new version now has 6 prerequisites for achiving a Religious Victory.
1. A player must have an official State Religion
2. A player must have the Holy City for the official State Religion
3. All of a player's cities must have the official state religion established.
4. All of a player's cities must not have any non-state religions established.
5. Religious influence must be at least 80%
6. A player must have built the official State Religion Shrine.

These 6 prerequisites insure religious unity is achieved and make this mod significanly better in every way.

I really like the possibility of a religious victory condition but isn't it too hard too achieve this kind of victory on really big maps (large/huge) with many opponents??

Do cities of other players with your state-religion and some other religion(s) count toward the religious victory condition?

I really like the possibility of a religious victory condition but isn't it too hard too achieve this kind of victory on really big maps (large/huge) with many opponents??

A Religious victory is not meant to be easy, as it is going to take time to send out missionaries, to spread the faith, and inquisitors to purge all non-state religions; from every city in your empire. Beyond that, it is likely going to require some war mongering in order to achieve the 80% religious influence threshhold.

Do cities of other players with your state-religion and some other religion(s) count toward the religious victory condition?

Yes, every city counts towards religious influence, whether foriegn or domestic. But remember, you can have two or more Civs that have the same state religion, but only the CIV who owns the Holy City and builds the Shrine can achieve a religious victory.

You can, however, code the Python not to allow you to build the unit when you have certain civics. In CvGameUtils:

Code:
def cannotTrain(self,argsList):
		pCity = argsList[0]
		eUnit = argsList[1]
		bContinue = argsList[2]
		bTestVisible = argsList[3]
		bIgnoreCost = argsList[4]
		bIgnoreUpgrades = argsList[5]
		ePlayer = pCity.getOwner()
		pPlayer = gc.getPlayer(ePlayer)

if pPlayer.getCivics(gc.getInfoTypeForString('CIVICOPTION_RELIGION')) == gc.getInfoTypeForString('CIVIC_PACIFISM'):
			if eUnit == gc.getInfoTypeForString('UNIT_INQUISITOR'):
				return True
		if pPlayer.getCivics(gc.getInfoTypeForString('CIVICOPTION_RELIGION')) == gc.getInfoTypeForString('CIVIC_FREE_RELIGION'):
				return True
		return False

Note that to use this function you also have to enable it (def cannotTrain) in PythonCallbackDefines.xml, which you can include in your "Assets" folder.

Cool. I'll try it out.

A Religious victory is not meant to be easy, as it is going to take time to send out missionaries, to spread the faith, and inquisitors to purge all non-state religions; from every city in your empire. Beyond that, it is likely going to require some war mongering in order to achieve the 80% religious influence threshhold.

Thanks for the info, Orion.

However it seems to me that whenever you reach the 80% religious influence threshhold every opponent has been eliminated or vassalized thus making conquest/domination victory more likely.

Thanks for the info, Orion.

However it seems to me that whenever you reach the 80% religious influence threshhold every opponent has been eliminated or vassalized thus making conquest/domination victory more likely.

This means the 6 prerequisites for achieving a Religious victory are just about right. Try using a bit more diplomacy to convince AI Civs to convert their religion to your state religion. Let me know if you are successful. :)

If you just want to test the Religious victory condition, then play a custom game with the Domination victory option set to off. ;)

Orion Veteran :cool:

You can, however, code the Python not to allow you to build the unit when you have certain civics. In CvGameUtils:

Code:
def cannotTrain(self,argsList):
		pCity = argsList[0]
		eUnit = argsList[1]
		bContinue = argsList[2]
		bTestVisible = argsList[3]
		bIgnoreCost = argsList[4]
		bIgnoreUpgrades = argsList[5]
		ePlayer = pCity.getOwner()
		pPlayer = gc.getPlayer(ePlayer)

if pPlayer.getCivics(gc.getInfoTypeForString('CIVICOPTION_RELIGION')) == gc.getInfoTypeForString('CIVIC_PACIFISM'):
				return True
		if pPlayer.getCivics(gc.getInfoTypeForString('CIVICOPTION_RELIGION')) == gc.getInfoTypeForString('CIVIC_FREE_RELIGION'):
				return True
		return False

Note that to use this function you also have to enable it (def cannotTrain) in PythonCallbackDefines.xml, which you can include in your "Assets" folder.

I tested this code and I was still able to train/produce an inquisitor, while having either the Free Religion or Pacifism Civics. It seemed to have no affect whatsoever.

Huh ... I tested it and it works in the current version of HephMod Beyond. Two basic things would be to make sure that a) cannotTrain is enabled in PythonCallbackDefines.xml, and b) that there isn't an invisible spacing error in the Python that's causing the computer to misread the line (I started using Notepad2 to ensure this because I ran into this problem modifying the DynamicCivNames portion of the Revolution mod).

I'm wondering also about how this bit interacts with some of the other changes I made to InquisitorMod. I'm on vacation at the moment and away from my computer, so I can't look into the details, but I changed some of the code in CvMainInterface as well ...

You could download HephMod Beyond .75 and check out how it's implemented there ... http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=9877

Try merging the code with WinMerge from the attached file instead of cutting pasting my previous post (that should get rid of any indentation errors that crept in). Let me know if that clears up the problem.

Attachments

• CvGameUtils.rar
    3.8 KB · Views: 87
can someone please tell me where the changes are for the limited Religions - only want to add this to the game

i tried folding this mod into another one, and somewhere along the way i messed something up. bts 3.17.

here's what works:
-inquisitor unit is available and standard functions work (moving, etc)
-inquisition button shows up in the UI (criteria met for inquisition)
-civilopedia is fine

here's what doesnt work:
-the inquisition button. clicking on it does nothing. (except make a clicking noise)

the original versions of both mods work.

can someone point the way to which file i should be concentrating on to find the issue?
(CvEventManager.py seemed the hardest to merge, and is my guess)

thanks!

UPDATE: figured it out...indenting errors in python...arrrg.

figured it out...indenting errors in python...arrrg.

Yes. Indentation errors can really be a pain in the @$$. I highly recommend using notepad++ to edit python files to avoid making indentation errors.

I'm glad you were able to figure out the problem. :goodjob:

V/R,

Could some check to see why i get nothing but the inquisitor and nothing else??

1. If by "nothing else" you are referring to other units, then perhaps it is because the inquisition mod introduces only one new unit to the game: The Inquisitor.

2. This mod also provides a new type of victory condition: The religious victory. See post #153 which describes the religious unity prerequisites for achieving a religious victory.

V/R,

1. If by "nothing else" you are referring to other units, then perhaps it is because the inquisition mod introduces only one new unit to the game: The Inquisitor.

2. This mod also provides a new type of victory condition: The religious victory. See post #153 which describes the religious unity prerequisites for achieving a religious victory.

V/R,

Sorry i knew all that, i get no action buttons is what i meant, sorry.:blush:

Thanks OrionVeteran,

Suggestion:
When this ModComp is finished you could upload this to the downloadsection of the forum so it's easier to find.

Done! The Mod is called Orion's Inquisition Mod. This version includes a limitation: If you change to Free Religion or Pacifism, then you can't build an inquisitor. Thanks to Hephaistion for the code. Get the mod here:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=10325

Sorry i knew all that, i get no action buttons is what i meant, sorry.:blush:

The button that executes the inquisition works perfectly. Remember, to conduct an inquisition, the city must have your state religion established first. The inquisition button will not light up without it.

V/R,

Done! The Mod is called Orion's Inquisition Mod. This version includes a limitation: If you change to Free Religion or Pacifism, then you can't build an inquisitor. Thanks to Hephaistion for the code.

I'm glad that you got it working, and thanks for the props, but I stole the code from FfH2! ;)

Happy Religious Unification!:goodjob:

Top Bottom